Nothing breaks like a heart

Jihoon looks at his phone. Another message left for Seungcheol. For the past month Seungcheol has been avoiding the boy, Ignoring his calls or walking away from him after a short conversation when ever they happen to bump into each other around Seoul. That's the only way Jihoon meets him; By accidentally bumping into him.

Right now Jihoon is sitting at the Lee table in Shining Diamond Café. He is has a book in his hands, he is paging, He can see the words but he just can't process them. So he is not reading, just looking though the book as if it was a vogue magazine. Jihoon doesn't look through books, he gets captivated by them. So much so that he will forget the real world exists and just live in the store world.

Sighing dejectedly, Jihoon closes the book and gently puts it on the table. He doesn't know what's happening. One thing Seungcheol and him are having one of the best relationships he has ever had, romantically of course. The next thing, Seungcheol is doing like a skit and skedaddles every time Jihoon is in view of him. Did Jihoon do something to anger the boy? If so, then what?

"Maybe I am overthinking this" Jihoon mumbles to himself. He takes a large gulp of his coffee and leans back against the chair. He grabs his book and starts it over, reading it this time.

😐

Mark and Seungcheol are sitting at Bangtan laughing their heads off. Taehyung is glaring at them from where is sitting. That Seungcheol guy is the same man he once again gave Jihoon up for and now Seungcheol is holding hands and laughing with another man. They look like a married couple. Are they? Did he use Jihoon? Lie to him perhaps? Does Jihoon even know about it? Or is Seungcheol doing Like Wonwoo and being a dumbass?

Taehyung sighs. Why does Jihoon have to put himself through all of this? Taehyung looks back at Seungcheol, a look of horror on his face when he sees the couple kissing. On the other side, A yelp is heard and immediately Taehyung turns his head. SeokJin, with the same look that his son had on his face, Has his hand on his mouth as he watches the scene unfold.

Taehyung stands up and walks to his father. "What is going on?" SeokJin asks. Taehyung shrugs.

"Beats me. Jihoon doesn't even come here anymore" Taehyung says. SeokJin fumbles with his phone before holds it firmly in his hand. The man presses the camera icon and takes a picture of Seungcheol and whoever the man with him is. He quickly sends it to Jihoon with the caption; Is it just me or have you grown taller?

He looks at his son. Taehyung is looking at him with a confused expression. "Why did you do that?" He asks.

"I want to know what happened" SeokJin says. Not a moment later, his phone rings. Jihoon requesting a video call. SeokJin answers and has to do a double take. The boy looks like he has just seen a ghost.

"Flip the camera" Jihoon says. Completely forgetting about the honorifics, greetings or any kindness for that  matter. SeokJin, knowing that look, seeing as he has seen it on his son's face so many times, does as he is told. A series of profanities can be head on the other line as Jihoon releases them.

"I see you are not the man I am seeing" SeokJin says. Jihoon bangs his head on the table, SeokJin and Taehyung both visibly flinch. "Are you okay?" SeokJin asks.

"No" Then it's black. Jihoon hung up on him apparently. SeokJin looks at his son, regret on his face.

"Curiosity killed a cat" Taehyung tells his father before walking away. SeokJin looks at his phone. He opens he gallery icon, taps the camera folder and taps on the photo.