0.3

3 - 'sometimes i feel like i need to be beside you all the time'

jinyoung woke up feeling slightly feverish, yet she ignored it and barely survived school that day. jeongwoo saw her around school a few times but not close enough to see her pale face. the girl started work at the cafe at 6pm in which she barely managed to deliver the customers' drinks without spilling them. the boy watched the girl move around the cafe. she looked so fragile yet he couldn't do anything to help her.

'how did she manage school today?' he thought as he asked the manager if she could stand at the counter instead of serving.

the manager happily agreed and jeongwoo went and swapped positions with jinyoung. jinyoung gave a weak smile to the boy as he smiled back in hopes that girl would feel a tiny bit, at least a tiny bit better than before. the cafe didn't have as many customers which was a relief to jeongwoo who was focused more on the girl's health rather than his work.

'hey noona. are you feeling alright? if you're feeling sick just tell the manager and i'll take your shift as well.'

'nah it's fine. i can't let you do double the work jeongwoo.'

he sighed as he thought 'this dumb noona. thinking about how i would have more work over her health.'

the girl was asked 'are you okay? you look very pale.' multiple times by everyone around her in general. even the manager told her to go home and rest, yet stubbornly, she stayed for the full 4 hours of her shift. jeongwoo and jinyoung were the only workers left by the time it was 9.50 and it was their jobs to close up the cafe. jinyoung started cleaning the tables on last time while jeongwoo mopped the floor. the boy looked up every 5 seconds to make sure the girl was still okay and didn't faint or anything. the girl was barely managing to stand on her two legs until her body gave up and she collapsed with the boy there just in time to catch her in his arms.

'i'm so sorry jeongwoo.' the girl whispered as she tried to get up however the boy didn't let her. instead he carried her over to the seats and placed her down gently.

'noona. rest. please. i'll quickly finish up and then i'll take you home.' the boy said with concern written all over his face.

the girl nodded and listened to boy. the boy started to finish up and when he finished, he turned around to see the girl sleeping peacefully.

'sometimes i feel like i need to be beside you all the time noona.' he thought as he carried the girl home.