0.9

9 - noona i like you

it was raining. the girl stared outside the window, watching the droplets slide down the glass. it was soothing. not too heavy and not too soft. it just felt like those days, when you feel like doing nothing. thats how jinyoung felt in that moment. the class was extremely noisy for no apparent reason, but she managed to block the background noise unconsciously, focusing just on the droplets falling from the grey sky. it was pretty. she casually took out her phone, wanting to take a nice photo of this day, but the camera only just managed to capture a satisfactory photo. then suddenly, jeongwoo crossed her mind. she blinked. what is this? an image of him smiling at her under an umbrella unfolded in her mind, before she lightly hit herself in the head. this was happening to often. she would be thinking about anything and then jeongwoo would cross her mind. she felt her cheeks heat up slightly before she buried herself into her arms over the table to avoid anyone asking why she was blushing.

the boy was thinking about jinyoung. to be honest, he found it cute that she was too shy to face him directly after she blurted out those words at his basketball game, though he was still slightly sad that she wasn't talking to him as much. he replayed the scene over and over again in his mind, each time feeling warmth fill up his heart. he looked outside the window. she's probably just staring at the rain right now. he smiled at the thought of her.

the bell rang. jinyoung was forgot her umbrella so she awkwardly stood under the last covered area watching everyone walk off with their umbrellas.

"are you not going?"

she turned around, eyes widening as she saw jeongwoo smiling softly at her. she felt heat rush to her cheeks and her heart started racing. she didn't want to face him like this. definitely not today, especially when the rain was bound to do something to her hair and make her look crazy. she took one look at him and ran into the rain, her hands covering her red cheeks. jeongwoo was confused, but his instincts reacted first and he ran after her. he grabbed her wrist and gently pulled her back, making her face him. neither with an umbrella, they just stood in the rain, drenched, but both still showcasing their visuals.

"noona."

she looked up at him properly for the first time since the basketball game before looking away again.

"noona... i like you."

her eyes widened and she slowly faced him again. she looked for any hint of playfulness, but there was none.

"i like you noona, but you're always running away from me."

"i never meant to... "

jinyoung looked at him. her innocent eyes shining, making his heart melt.

"i just didn't understand why i was like this too."

"well do you know now?"

"i... think so."

"then let's date noona."

"what?!"

"let's date."

she paused for a second before smiling back at him.

"okay."