0.8

8 - am i falling for you

the basketball game finals was intense. the players were playing well, drowned in sweat, making them look cool. the cheers were loud. really loud. the girl was sitting in the front row, casually reading a book in amidst of the noise. the boy, sitting on the benches waiting to be put on, smiled seeing the girl frown every now and then.

then the buzzer rang for the end of the third quarter. jinyoung looked up briefly to check the score. our school's in the lead. she smiled. then she stood up trying to look for the boy who had begged her to come watch his game. she made eye contact with the boy who was waving brightly at her. she smiled waving back before sitting back down. she was never a huge sports fan although she was considered one of the sportiest girls. she liked sport. she never watched sport, but here she was watching a basketball game.

the buzzer rang for the final quarter and as the girl realised jeongwoo was going on court, she decided to put her book away and actually pay attention. his movements were so agile, and how he jumped so high. she didn't realise that she was smiling so much. he looked so mature. all this time, she only saw him as a nice and caring younger friend, but watching him play was a different story. he just looked ... cool.

she watched as he jumped making a layer-up just as the buzzer went off for the end of the game. they won! the whole gym cheered and even jinyoung rose from her seat smiling at the sight of jeongwoo who was cheering with his team. he looks really cool today. then she locked eyes with the boy who smiled brightly at her. her heart started beating at an uncontrollable rate and she felt heat rushing to her cheeks. she quickly looked away, leaving the boy confused. what is this? why am i like this? am i ... am i falling for you?

she turned back to see the boy who was already walking towards her. the screams behind her were getting louder, but the noises faded.

"noona. did you see me play? how was it? did i play well? was i cool? noona? why aren't you replying?"

"..." she stared at him

"noona?"

"am i falling for you?"

"what?"