Your Stay Is Over

Izaya watched Shizuo run out of the house hurriedly to what he assumed was work. He sighed as the door shut behind the blond harshly. The hell was that stupid breakdown just now? Irritated, Izaya clicked on the mouse repeatedly, annoyed at his computer for working so slowly today. He was sitting at his desk, looking through some files on his computer, but he couldn't concentrate. He got flashbacks of that day when Shizuo saved him. That day...he got dirty again just like back then. Back when he was a teen. He was peacefully walking back home from school when suddenly those men appeared and surrounded him and after that everything's blurry. Izaya remembered how they pinned him on the ground and a moment after his clothes were gone. He remembered screaming so loudly that his throat hurt like it was being cut, but it could never compare to the other hurtful things done to him. He remembered hands all over him and agonizing pain and even more and more pain everywhere. It felt like it lasted for an eternity, like it would never stop. Izaya shook his head, trying to stop any more flashbacks.

He glanced over to his vase and noticed that the rose withered. The once fresh, blue petals lost it's brightness and shine, looking down as if bowing it's head in sadness. The rose looked old and forgotten. Izaya silently stared at the dead plant for a brief moment. "I'm sorry Shizu-chan..." He wouldn't let the same happen to his beloved monster. He HAD to make him leave before he'd do something stupid. Izaya never intended to hurt those around him, but in some way, he always ended up doing the complete opposite of what he wanted. He'd always be either called creep or brat in the end. Creep mostly cause of his obsession with humans. He often unintentionally hurt people and let them see how messed up he really was. But there were other moments too. Moments where a person would walk up to him, asking to be friends and the moment Izaya agreed they'd use him and laugh about it so that's how Izaya promised himself he wouldn't trust anyone in his entire life ever again. And he didn't. Even with Shinra he was prepared to get stabbed in the back anytime. So before he could break Shizuo he'd have to make him leave. But that brute was so stubborn! It would take an eternity to kick him out. Izaya threw the poor rose away and started working on his computer once again. He had to find a way to make Shizuo go away, but how?

A man in a bartender suit was walking down the busy streets of Ikebukuro with his boss as they were on their way to collect some debts while, as always, people gave the tall and way too strong man either scared or angry glances. Some eyes that were fixated on him even had a murderous spark in them, but l, of course, no one even dared to think about taking him on. The only thing they could freely do was whisper and gossip behind his back, thinking that he didn't hear their stupid remarks and comments. People like that really pissed Shizuo off. If you have a problem with me just say it to me in my eyes! But no! All those cowards could do was secretly exchange whispers and laugh at him behind his back! Shizuo felt like snapping someone's neck in two, but took in a deep breath, ignoring those idiots around him. He was even in a good mood at first 'cause he actually made it in time for work and felt quite accomplished because of that. He wouldn't want to make Tom wait for him after all. Now he just had to calmly make the next idiot who didn't pay his debts fly across the city, uhm...I mean talk to him to make him pay back...haha.

Suddenly Izaya's voice echoed in his mind: "...Shizu-chan...". What was going on inside the flea's mind and even if he'd know the answer to that, dozens of other questions would pop up like how was he supposed to handle the situation? Why couldn't that louse be easier to understand? And why was Shizuo always thinking about him? "Shit...damn that flea." Tom looked at Shizuo in a questioning manner. "Did something happen again?" Shizuo shook his head: "Just can't get that louse out of my mind." "Is there a particular reason for that?" He sighed, having trouble explaining. "Well...a lot happened recently and...to make it quick, I look out for Izaya lately and I just don't get what he's thinking and what he wants. Like can't he just be straight with his words and just tell what he feels?" Tom gave him a look full of surprise. "So you're practically taking care of him? Aren't you enemies?" "As I said, a lot happened..." Shizuo's boss/friend sighted, processing the information he received just now. "Well, not all people can be so open about their emotions and you can't do much about it. Why don't you just try to talk to him? Maybe he's just afraid to trust others?"

The blond stayed silent 'cause he didn't know why he didn't feel like talking to Izaya. He just felt strange about this whole thing and he was afraid that the raven would tear up again like this morning. He was so ooc lately, not like Izaya's supposed to be. Or does he simply not know how the real Izaya is? But on the other hand, why did he even care? Why didn't he leave like Izaya told him to? What was even the purpose of him there? Yet the answer to that was that deep inside he felt guilty about what happened to him as if it was his fault for not coming earlier neither could he leave someone as broken as Izaya was. As crazy as it may sound, he actually felt bad for the flea. He wanted to see his dumb smirk again and stop those painful tears. But there was something more than just guilt. Something that pulled Shizuo's heartstrings whenever he was around Izaya. He...cared about him, about how he feels and what happens to him. Was he...in love with the flea? 'Shit...what did you do to me Izaya...Guess I really should talk to the flea.'

He snapped out of his inner thoughts, coming back to reality. "*Sigh* I guess you're right..." Tom patted his shoulder, giving him a genuine smile: "Just don't worry about it too much, okay? You'll figure it out eventually." Shizuo nodded, grateful for his friend's support and advice. Then suddenly a scary thought crossed the blond's mind. He imagined what would happen if this crazy fangirling Erika found out. She'd probably already be squealing and screaming: "Real life BL!" or something like that all over town. Now THAT was scary to think about. It even made shivers run down Shizuo's spine.

'Damn today was a pretty exhausting day! Well now I just have to-' The ex-bartender's phone suddenly rang and when he picked up, a familiar voice spoke on the other line. "Shizu-chan~ Are you done with work yet?" "Yup." "How many people died?~" Shizuo growled deeply: "The hell you mean by that?!" A little giggle reached Shizuo's ears. "I mean how many bones did you break today? Anyone in the hospital?~" He cursed at the flea before hanging up on him, but a few seconds later he heard his phone ring again. "Damn you flea! What is it?!" "It's so impolite to hang up, you know~ You didn't even hear me out!" "Gosh just cut to the chase already." Izaya's giggly voice was suddenly replaced by a hollow, empty and low one as he spoke. "Shizu-chan...I packed your things. They are outside my door. Your stay is over now, go home. Goodbye...beep....beep." 'Wtf?! How dare h-?! ...I need to calm down.', Shizuo thought. He picked up his pace and made it to the flea's house pretty quickly. There were boxes full of the blond's stuff near the door, which Shizuo decided to ignore for now and instead harshly knocked on the door. "Fleeeeaaaa! Open the door! I warn you if you won't, I'll break it! " From inside the apartment, a voice told him to shut up and go as it then went silent again. "Let me in!" "It's my house. I decide who to let in. Now go." In rage, Shizuo spat back hatefully, before even realizing what he's done: "Well, the man from that day didn't seem to care to ask for your stupid permission, now did he!?" 'Shit, why did I just say this?!' Izaya answered with a dead silence as if ignoring the painful comment. "Hey, Izaya...I didn't mean it like that...I'm sorry." "How often do you plan on apologizing, huh?" That question threw Shizuo aback. He really meant no harm... Was it better for Izaya if he left? But he was so afraid to leave him again like last time instead of helping. "Izaya...tell me the truth... do you REALLY want me to go? Is it really better for you if I stay away?" At first, he didn't answer and Shizuo even thought that he might not have heard him before he heard Izaya finally answer. "It's better...better for you Shizu-chan. For your own sake." "Then I won't leave. Got it? I'll be here when you need me. Screw that 'for my sake' bullshit. Now let me in. It's cold out here." The door opened and Shizuo picked up a few of the boxes from the ground and took them back inside and continued doing that repeatedly while Izaya was sitting on the couch, pretending to watch TV.

The blond sat down next to the raven and took his hand, intertwining his fingers with Izaya's. "Oi, look at me." The raven hesitantly looked up, his eyes dead and empty. The blond gasped slightly at the sight of once brightly sparkling eyes being so dull now. For a second he just stared into his eyes, trying to find any sign of life in them. Red, foggy eyes blankly looked as if right through him and into the distance, but then for a split second they met his own eyes and Shizuo saw only one thing reflecting in them: 'Sorry'. Shizuo pulled Izaya closer, almost onto his lap, and rubbed his back. His right hand moved on it's own as it traced Izaya's jawline and then pulled his face up by his chin. Izaya was clearly confused by his strange actions, but did nothing to stop him. And then...