Chapter 7

*BEFORE THE SCHOOL YEAR*

POP

'That must be Dumbledore,' Molly thought to herself. She had been expecting his visit, after all, Harry Potter would be arriving at Hogwarts this coming year. She had been a great help to Dumbledore over the years, though she sometimes regretted it. There was a side to pick in the Great Wizarding World, and when Dumbledore's side had won, she was certain it would result in glory, riches and luxury for her and her family. But no, even though she'd chosen the 'right' side, abandoning her beliefs, and the families and friends she'd grown up with - she found herself living in a crumbling hovel with an overly large family. And those that had openly supported the Dark Lord, remained sitting in their manors and mansions with no more than a slap on the wrist for their atrocities.

However, Molly was a patient woman. She had waited so many years, ready for the day that one of her children would be tasked with getting close to the Boy-Who-Lived, and finally, that day was near. She was glad her youngest son could be of use to her leader, her other sons didn't seem to understand what filth mud-bloods and muggles were. She had tried to subtly make them understand, but back then their father had been far more involved, and his interest and admiration of the muggle world made it near impossible for her to instil any proper beliefs into her children. She didn't outright ask them their views on the lower class, but slow and subtle tests over the years certainly proved that for all their brains, they could not see what a disgrace the non-magical species were upon the earth, and for some god-forsaken reason her husband was obsessed with the scum. Since she'd upped the dosage of his... medicine... his obsession with them seemed to grow more than what should've been an obsession with her. It didn't truly matter to her though, he had long worn out his use. By the time it came to raising her youngest two children, he was so caught up in his delusions he hadn't the time to corrupt their young minds. She was able to finally bring the two of them around to her way of thinking, thank Merlin.

And now, finally, all that work was going to pay off. Her family would be tied eternally to the Potter family one way or another, and she'd finally get everything she deserved.

"I'm in here Albus," she called. He strode in, his long beard trailing before him.

"Molly," he began, "You, of course, know why I'm here." She nodded, setting a cup of tea in front of him. "Harry Potter will soon be at Hogwarts and I, of course, need him close to me. You already know how awful his childhood has been, this should've made it easy to look to me as a guardian and without many friends in his life, we can bring Ron into the picture. When Ginny joins in his second year we can easily bring her closer to him as well."

The day continued with much discussion about the future of a boy who didn't even realise the world these two villains lived in was real. It was also on this day that Ronald Weasley finally got to meet the man his mother had told him so much about; the man who would be Ronald's guide, assisting him should he need any help with increasing his proximity to Harry Potter.

----

Dumbledore was now sitting in his office preparing to be called down to maybe the girls' bathroom or one of the corridors or wherever else to find out that Hermione Granger had been seriously injured in an awful attack brought on by a rogue troll that had somehow arrived in the school. What a pity it would be. He had to admit, he was proud of himself for this stroke of genius. He'd be able to hit two birds with one stone. While everyone would be panicking about this troll attack, he could almost guarantee that Quirrel would seize the opportunity to search for the stone.

Dumbledore knew he would probably have to send some form of a letter to her parents if she didn't die to have her moved from the school, which he was currently drafting. And then, of course, there would be Harry. Without his filthy friend, he would need consolation from his new friend Ronald, who hopefully wouldn't screw things up, and maybe even Dumbledore, himself. He'd also have to get around to giving Harry his father's cloak, maybe as a Christmas present. Not in person, of course. He couldn't be seen showing favouritism, but perhaps he could write his name on it unlike in his previous plan to provide it anonymously, so as to bring Harry closer to him.