Leaving

Welcome to the story!

Like I said in the description it will be really sad ☹️ so read at your own risk

Like I said in the description it will be really sad ☹️ so read at your own risk. This chapter will be a bit short bc it's just an introduction to Legolas.
Enjoy :)
...................................................

~

Legolas's PoV:

My world began to shatter as I saw the two lovers kiss; Aragorn, the man I loved and Arwen, the woman whom he loves. My heart was breaking inside and the crowds around me were unclear as the only thing that I could focus on now, in this world was my worst nightmare but also reality.

I had loved Aragorn ever since the beginning of the fellowship and when an elf loves someone but they don't love them back then...they can die of heartbreak and that is exactly what was happening to me. I tried not to let any tears flow down my cheeks as there would be too many questions that would be too overpowering to answer. So I stood there and watched as they kissed each other with love.
I continued to stare in horror as they broke apart and looked at each other lovingly, lovingly. That could never be me. It would never be me, he deserves Arwen.

When I was younger I longed for someone whom I could love but now I realise that love kills and breaks hearts. I don't want to be in love with him anymore. It hurts. But what could I do to stop the pain? The answer was nothing. I should suffer in silence until this nightmare called 'love' ends...if it ever does.

I cannot stay here anymore, I have to leave I decided. I very slowly walked through the busy crowd of men, women, elves and children. Getting many questioning looks but I did not care because I was about to break. I could feel Aragorn's eyes on me so I hurried and walked down the alabaster steps towards the exit of Gondor. What I need is a break and my love for him will be over and I shall find someone else to love so I can live on instead of dying and disappointing my father.

My feet carried me to my horse and I gave one last look at Gondor. Should I really leave? I am supposed to be happy for Aragorn, this is the day that he would become king he would want me to be there. But yet again I can't face the pain of seeing him with Arwen.

I stared at Arod for a few minutes as if asking him what he thought, but he obviously couldn't answer so it was up to me to decide on my fate. If I left then I would be free from the endless pain of heartbreak but then again Aragorn would miss me and I know it would break his heart to see the person whom he had fought alongside in battle with to just leave without any explanation. But he has Arwen to be comforted by.

I decided what I should do and I swung my leg over my horse and galloped away into the distance. The wind blew back my golden hair and I thought of Aragorn...and his wife "Aragorn is better off without me, I am no more than a burden" I muttered to myself.

I wanted to see my father again. He was the only other person who I love as much as Aragorn and I know that he would understand my difficulties but I can't tell him. I can't tell Gimli either or even Gandalf. My worries stay with me and I should keep them, not let them bother other people who already have enough on their mind. They do not need to know about a silly elf with a broken heart.

A tear fell from my eye and before I knew it I was crying and the morning air blew them away. I rode for miles but then Arod began to get tired so I decided to stop and camp on open land for the night. I sat next to a river that flowed along the plains and I sighed, enjoying the company of nature. Why must all land be covered by castles when nature is the better beautifulness?

I lay down on the grass and put my face in my hands. Aragorn is king now I can't let him worry about me. Apart of me really wanted Aragorn to be here with me but I shook that thought away quickly.