"I cannot live without you"

I am going to put the warnings where it starts bc I don't want to spoil what happens sry
...................................................

~previously~

"But were you? No. You had every chance to tell me but you decide that now is the best time when our child is born! A child that I could have been raising with the ONE I LOVE! Do you not understand what you have done?!" He stood up, glaring down at me, even the glare that he gave Aragorn that day was nothing to match this one, he looked completely furious.

"I do and I am sorry" I said my hands beginning to sweat.

"You better be because don't count on it that I will ever return to ask for your sorry face again" he looked down at the floor as if he was going to burst into tears.

"Legolas?" I asked concerned.

"That's enough! Look after Ilithriel and raise her to become queen if I never return" He demanded.

"B-" he cut me off sharply.

"Do you promise me?!" He yelled.

"I do, my king" I said and bowed with Ilithriel still in my arms.

~

Legolas's PoV:

I ran down to the stables, my mind blank and only able to focus on one person; Aragorn. I jumped onto arod and rode into the distance at full speed only hoping that Aragorn was still alive.

~

Legolas's PoV:

I tapped my foot impatiently on the grass, waiting for Arod to finish drinking from a lake that I had come across. I had a bad feeling on what was to lie ahead since we had been separated for forty years without any contact at all. I pulled Arod away from the water and mounted him yet again. He could be dead, old and withering away without me to comfort him "I will never forgive you Tauriel" I whispered to myself before continuing to canter towards Gondor, that luckily seemed to be appearing in the distance.

Does she not know what she has done? Is she blind to the fact that I love him? How can she live with herself knowing that she has taken away someone's, love, happiness and freedom? I clenched Arods reins, not daring to get emotional, I would only let my tears fall when I see his face.

I felt to the wind rushing past me and pulling back my hair in a hopeless attempt to make me be still but I would not let that happen. My mind only had thoughts of Aragorn flowing through my head, that only fuelled my determination to get to him, To apologise for what I had not seen; his innocence.

As soon as I approached the gates of Gondor, I jumped off Arod in a rush and ran to the guards, guarding the entrance "You have to let me in!" I demanded.

"I'm sorry but I don't know who you are" The taller one said rather coldly.

"I am King Legolas of the woodland realm and I have to speak to the King immediately!" Their eyes moved to the crown on my head and they went red, instantly standing aside to let me in. I rushed past them, silently giving them the job to take Arod to a stable. My shoes clanked against the white floor and many people of the city that Aragorn ruled looked my way confused.