By your side

Legolas doesn't look amused XD

...................................................

~previously~

"Again I'm sorry" he leaned in and kissed her lips softly right in front of me. When they broke apart, Arwen gave me a sympathetic glance and I felt my heart slowly crumble.

"Apology accepted" she then smiled at the both of us "but more importantly, I'm glad you both made up"

"We are very glad to Arwen, through our apology's we were able to have quite the adventure" me and Aragorn both laughed, hearing his laugh was exactly what I needed at that moment to heal the wounds inside my heart otherwise I would've broken down. She gave us a heartwarming smile and then led us inside. 

~

Aragorn's PoV:

2 days later...

I stroked Bregos mane. Today was the day that we would be leaving for Mirkwood, the only people that we had told was Arwen and Gimli. Gimli agreed to stay in Gondor to keep Arwen company and I was very grateful but at the same time, I wished he could have accompanied us. As I waited for Legolas I plaited Bregos ebony mane that felt silky in my fingers I added a few beautiful flowers and wove them with his hair. When I finished I adjusted his saddle and reins and stood back and admired my work "beautiful, Brego, beautiful" I smiled at his stunning face and flowery mane patting his nose softly, he neighed as if he was agreeing and nudged my chin "patience Brego, it is not long until we leave"

"And why would you be leaving king Aragorn?" A voice spoke up and I turned around to see laonri with his arms crossed and a frown forming on his eyebrows, standing only a few feet away from me.

Arwen, appearing out of nowhere, walked up to him and placed a hand on his broad shoulder making him flinch slightly "That is not something you should question, laonri. He is going on a trip with Legolas for personal reasons" she said with a kind smile playing on her lips. I admired her greatly, she could hold back all her frustration and act without a slight bit of anger. She caught my gaze and smiled warmly at me.

He straightened up and regained his posture as if coming out of a trance. He spoke with a menacing tone trailing off his tongue with no fear in his voice "Then you are not fit for a king. A good king would stay in his land and run it with all the power he has, not fuss over some stupid elf that should have no place here!"

"My land is welcome to anyone, especially when they are close friends, I have given you a warning but you threw it aside. I am leaving today and that is final!" I said, raising my voice.

"But-" he interrupted.

"NO! Arwen is the ruler of this land until you shall greet my return and I expect you to follow every order she gives you!" I shouted completely outraged.

"Fine but you should kno-" he said and tilted his head high but I interrupted him before he could get to the point.

"I don't need to know anything" I flicked my wrist at him "take your leave" he looked at me shocked but nevertheless walked away too afraid to disobey again. I wouldn't usually talk to people like that but it angers me when I have no privacy in my personal life.