Something in the way

...................................................

~previously~

"Promise me!" He yelled in a pleading voice that broke down all of my barriers covering my heart. You still love Aragorn. You cannot give him up. Listen to Legolas! The voice in my head told me.

"I promise!" I yelled back equally as loud. It was a lie! I don't want to love Aragorn anymore now that I know that my best friend will die because of me. He deserves Aragorn more than I do. I don't want to see another elf in my life die, even if it means giving up my love. My only love. My true love.

Silence filled the room once again and Legolas's hands let go of my hands, making them fall into the bed below "hannonlle Arwen" he whispered in a quiet tone and he stood up from the bed, leaving me a crying mess bundled up in his blankets. It was quiet for a mere moment before I heard Legolas speak again

"Gimli mellon nin, you have gigantic tears for such a small creature"

~

3rd person PoV:

Across the next few days, Aragorn had been avoiding Gimli and Legolas as much as possible, unbeknownst to him that Arwen was in on everything. There was an odd occasion during the period of time that they would accidentally bump into one another but Aragorn just held his head high and spent most of his days working or wandering the city of Gondor alone or accompanied by Arwen. It broke him. It broke all of them to not be in the company of each other.

The king didn't allow himself to be furious at his dear friends but neither would he allow the opposite. They had betrayed him, so he thought. It was not an option for him to find out, the risk, the danger and more so the heartbreak that battled against Legolas himself and if he told Aragorn then it would drive him away and leave Legolas as an empty shell. It would break down all of his confidence and rip out his heart that once beat freely through his own body. Aragorn was just confused and no one had it in their heart to blame it on him.

~

Legolas's PoV:

I stood, looking down into the water that reflected my hideous form. Icy eyes and pale skin that darkened underneath my eyes. In an effort to make myself look more awake I splashed water over my face, the cold droplets of water trickled down my skin and stung at my tired features that had come accustomed to the feeling of coldness. I walked out onto the balcony that connected to the room and let the breeze hit my skin, I shook.

The smell of food and flowers overcame my senses and I sighed with content. I had not had a moment like this in a long time. Pressure-free days are one thing that was hard to find. Aragorn ignoring me and Gimli had a massive impact on me, to a point where it was hard to find a moment without the voices in my head that haunted my every movement. Times like these (Foo fighters song go listen to it it's good:) were times that I cherished, times where I could be alone.

I hopped onto the bars of the balcony, that would stop someone's fall, as I would usually do when jumping onto a branch. My feet swayed slightly as I regained my balance quickly and I looked beyond the city of Gondor, knowing that somewhere out there my father was sitting on his throne missing me too. I hadn't had any contact with him since I had set out for Rivendell. No letter, no visit, nothing.

Even though I had sent letters myself, telling him of my journeys and my new found friends, there had never been any reply, none at all. I knew he cared but that didn't explain why he would ignore me. I needed him. I wanted to tell him everything, let him hug and soothe me as I cried. I needed his comfort, he would understand. Wouldn't he? What if he had died? No he is strong but that would explain his uncaringness, he did care but he just couldn't answer you. Someone would have informed me and yet it is highly unlikely that he has died. I pushed my thoughts aside and sat down with my legs swinging over the edge.

"He is still alive and he still cares, the only reason why he isn't responding is the simple reason being that he is busy" but he doesn't. All you are is a burden. "Ada, where are you?" I spoke, completely ignoring the voice inside my head.

"Prince Legolas, get down from there! It is not wise to do such a thing when there is a high chance of you falling, health and safety matters" laonri shouted up to me. I laughed and decided to annoy him even more as some form of entertainment. I latched my feet onto one of the bars and dangled with my hair and arms flowing before me.

"Tch Whatever, fall for all I care" he sneered.

I spotted a lake really far down an decided to test him "Okay...whoops" I smirked and began to fall as his face grew terrified in an instant. As I fell lower, the air rushed passed me and I could see three more familiar faces show up on the wall. Aragorn, Arwen and Gimli "bye!" I yelled as my body collided with the water below. I pushed off against the bottom of the lake floor and my head hit the surface. I gulped a massive breath and swam towards the shore where I began to laugh uncontrollably. I held my chest as I rolled on the grass laughter erupting from me as I recalled their expressions when they saw me falling. I wonder what they are doing now... either way, I felt relieved, I could laugh and even if it was only for a moment I am glad that I could be the slightest bit happy.

I thought I would make this chapter a bit happier because it has been really sad and dramatic in the last chapters