Stars

...................................................

~previously~

"Indeed but I shall get my revenge one day" We both laughed loudly, making the birds from the trees fly away in fright. Despite the fact that they were in Rivendell, it would be fun to help Aragorn get his revenge "why do you decide to stay in the water?"

I froze as I realised that I had indeed not strayed a foot from where I had landed and sighed "I guess it is rather pleasurable" the water was deep as it reached my shoulders giving me an extra feeling of warmness to most of my cold body. I lay back onto the water, feeling my feet surface to the top as my hair swayed in the water below, as my eyes grew blinded by the sun, I closed them letting the heat consume me. Maybe I was wrong about the cold being a distraction, this was heaven.

Aragorn's PoV:

I smiled as I watched Legolas float atop of the water with his eyes closed and his hair sprawled out around him, he seemed in absolute bliss and it relaxed me to see him that way considering everything they had been going on surrounding him. I pulled my feet up to my chest as I contemplated whether to join him in the water or not, closing my eyes and resisting my chin on my knees in the process. Before I could decide for myself however, a pair of hands gripped onto mine and tugged me down into the water, creating a massive splash.

~

Aragorn's PoV:

The warmness of the water tingled at my body and sent a shiver through my spine but that would help me feel relatively angry at him. My head surfaced to the top of the water and I gulped in a bitter breath of cold air. Turning around, I growled at his smug face as the water dropped down from his hair and into the water, creating ripples "it serves you right Aragorn, were you not the one who pushed me into the water first?" he said and put his head high.

"You were cold!"

"So were you, that's why you were hugging your legs" he said and crossed his arms in the water, I facepalmed.

"Doesn-Whatever" there was no point arguing with an elf, they can be really stubborn when they want to. I gave up and sighed, feeling the warmness around me, but that wouldn't stop me from getting my revenge. I swung my arms back and pushed a massive wave of water towards him, the last thing I saw was his frowning face before the wave of water covered him. I smirked in victory at his now anger plastered face. He moved his arms back like a bird, much like my doing. Sensing what he was about to do, I waded through the water slowly but with all my might. However, that was not enough as it had already crashed into my head before I could make a move to stop it.

This went on for a while, water being sent back and forth between the two of us, figuring that that was the best way to settle our argument. As I was about to send another wave of water at him, he dived under the water. Thinking that he had given up and went under for shelter, I punched the air victoriously. All my thoughts came crashing down when a pair of hands grabbed my feet and pulled. Out of pure shock, I struggled to get out of his grip and came crashing down into the water.

I opened my eyes reluctantly, bubbles of water coming out of my mouth and there behold I saw Legolas above me smiling like an idiot. As the need for air came over me, I pushed myself up to breath in the air that I so desperately needed. I saw Legolas rise to the surface frowning, I guess elves have a longer capability of holding their breath than us Dunedain. His face then lit up as if figuring something out, which he apparently had "I WIN"