three

"mate, you're telling me, we got an actual deal? a legitimate deal?!" adam said excitedly, his eyes widening.

matty just told the boys about the record label, and they freaked out. they all celebrated and gave each other hugs.

"it's crazy, mate, i'll tell you that much. how long have you known?" ross asked, looking at matty.

"they contacted me on my lunch break earlier today. hasn't been that long. but, it was long enough for me to look them up. they're legitimate," matty said, smiling like an idiot.

    "you're a genius, mate," george said before pulling matty into a hug. i laughed lightly and shook my head, watching the giant hold matty in a bone-crushing hug.

"when do we leave, mate?" adam asked after george and matty stopped hugging.

" i'm not sure, sometime next month i think," matty said. next month. they're all leaving me in a few weeks.

if i'm being honest, these guys are all i have. when i moved to manchester to get away from my past and family, i met these losers. they've always been there for me, for all these years, they've all i've ever known. and now they're leaving me.

it saddened me to know that it could be weeks before seeing them. months, even. but i put on a strong face- i wasn't going to hold them back from their life long dream.

i stood there, smiling and congratulating them. i saw matty glance over at me a few times, but i decided to ignore it. tonight was about them.

"shall we start?"george said, sitting down behind his drum kit. the boys all got in their place, the beginning guitar line to 'sex' started playing. i smiled.

"and this is how it starts
take your shoes off in the back of my van
my shirt, my shirt looks so good
when it's just hangin' off ya back"

matty was semi-jumping and moving while ross and adam got all into it. george looked very concentrated. i enjoy the boys' music. hell, i was probably their number 1 fan.

after the song ended, i clapped, per usual, as the boys all bowed like nerds.

"you know what this calls for?" george said, standing up. a thin layer of sweat had formed on his face, as he was out of breath.

"what, mate," matty asked, trying to catch his breath as well.

" we need to party." george stayed. adam and ross immediately whooped, matty looking over at me and shrugging.

"matty, i have work tomorrow. plus, our manager will kill me if i miss one more day," i said, not really in the mood to party.

matty came over to the couch and lifted me off of it with my hands.

"alllex, when was the last time you went out?" he asked, spinning me around. gee, i went out with them last week.

when i didn't answer, matty said, "exactly. alex, you can go home and change relatively quickly while me and the boys change here." matty, ross, and adam practically lived with george. occasionally, matty would stay at my place for a few days at a time before coming back to george's.

i rolled my eyes. matty smiled and bopped my nose, making me scrunch my face and shake my head.

"you're all retarded," i said. they all simultaneously said, "but you love us."