Chapter 6

Instead of studying more, Kit and Olaf discussed what the message they uncovered could possibly mean.

"The home being imagination could mean that we ourselves are our own home since we all imagine things in our minds.", Olaf suggested.

"Or home is where we manifest our imagination, like an art exhibit or the novel section of the library.", Kit said deep in thought.

"The home should be inside the kingdom, right?", Olaf asked Kit.

"Probably,", she answered, "but since the kingdom is the world, meaning all, the second line isn't relevant if we are looking for a specific place."

Trying to figure out the the nature of the message together with Olaf was a strange but also entertaining task. He was much nicer than expected and his curiosity fueled her own curiosity more than anyone ever did before. His charming smile made her smile back.

"We should just go to the places associated with imagination and look for any other messages.", Olaf suggested and stood up. Even though Kit needed to study, she felt the urge to follow the message and unravel its truth.

Firstly they went to the section of the library that was dedicated to fiction. After finding nothing there, they headed to the art classrooms, that were luckily unoccupied. But when they also didn't find anything there, the two were starting to doubt the conclusion they drew from the message.

"Where can we also find imagination here in the school?", Kit asked, more to herself than to Olaf.
Suddenly his eyes began to sparkle as he thought of a new conclusion.

"The theatre!", he shouted out and started running. Kit quickly followed him and while running down the long corridors she managed to reconstruct his thought process. Imagination was linked to art and art, along with paintings and books, could be characterized as acting. Luckily the door of the theatre was still open, so Olaf and Kit tumbled inside, eager to find another clue, but what they found instead was something the two didn't expect at all.

Kit was momentarily paralyzed as she witnessed Beatrice, her best and only friend, and Lemony, her brother and role model, kissing while standing in the middle of the stage. Only after a few seconds the two lovebirds noticed Kit and Olaf. Their shocked faces and quick movement when she both stepped two steps back from each other showed how embarrassed the two were. While Lemony was simply staring at the ground, too scared to face his sister, Beatrice was looking a her friend, trying to find the right words to calm Kit down.

I truly don't know if she managed to find these words, but I could guess that she didn't, as I do know that Kit fainted in the theatre and was brought to the nurses office by Olaf, Lemony and Beatrice. Even though she woke up after a few minutes and had no physical wounds, the nurse wanted to keep her there for a few more hours and said she needed some rest without any visitors.

While I don't know what Lemony and Beatrice did after that, Olaf returned to the theatre and looked for other clues. He walked through the many rows of chairs and found another piece of paper that was taped under a chair with more Morse Code letters on it, which said:

.-.. --- --- -.- / .- .-- .- -.-- --..-- / --- .-. / -. --- - .-.-.- / .. - / -.. --- . ... / -. --- - / -- .- - - . .-. --..-- / -... . -.-. .- ..- ... . / -.-- --- ..- / -.-. .- -. -. --- - / -. --- - / ... . . / - .... . / ... .. --. -. .-.-.-

With the message and the Morse Code book in hand, he made his way to the nurses office with the intent to sneak past the nurse to visit Kit and continue the scavenger hunt.