Epilogue

The school was reopened, but not many students returned. While all three Snickets were sent to a boarding school behind the mountains, Beatrice and Bertrand attended schools close to their respective homes. Only Olaf and Esme returned to Prufrock to finished High School. I was homeschooled. Even though we were so far away from each other, all VFD members managed to stay in contact.

After High School we continued building our secret organization, tasked with putting out literally and figurative fires. All was good, until the day of the opera that you all probably know too well. When Olaf's father died and he left the organization. I knew he was going to become a villain when I saw him the next time, together with his new mentors, who were not very sinister people. He isn't the boy I went to school with. He was a greedy and vile man, filled with rage and sorrow.

Lemony had made a wrong decision when deciding not to go with Beatrice to prom. He would never openly admit it to anyone, but he loved her. He was accused of the murder of Olaf's father and thought dead. Beatrice and Bertrand became parents, not going actively on missions anymore. Jacques became a taxi driver and Kit spend her time as Madame Lulu.

Everything changed again when the Baudelaire parents died and the organization was trying to save their three children.

Now you might ask what I did all this time. I had always been an invisible observer in the organization, writing down our story and preserving important documents and codes. Maybe that's why you never heard of me before. I'm always in the shadows, watching my friends and our vows like an ghost.

When Jacques died, I regretted never having kissed him even once. I had to admit to myself that I truly liked him.

When Kit and Olaf met for the last time on the island, only the Baudelaire children could tell me what happened. How Olaf saved his true love and then died from his wounds. I felt so alone upon hearing this. All my school friends were dead.

Until I heard that Lemony might still be alive. That was where my next story started, with meeting three children and a baby who told me they met my long-lost friend.