Cat

Summer

We catch our breaths and Knox pulls me into his sweaty chest. "Best. Morning. Sex. Ever" he says in between his breaths.

"This bed is pretty comfy" I laugh. "This isn't so bad" I cuddle him.

"Mhm" he falls back asleep.

I giggle and wait a few minutes after he falls asleep before tip toeing out of bed.

After throwing on clothes and doing my hair, I quietly walk to the kitchen.

I start making waffles and toast for stressed Knox.

I know he's stressed

he just won't admit it.

And when he was down for sex this morning, I helped him.

He's overdoing himself and he's so tired.

He deserves to sleep and calm down.

After everything's cooked, I walk back to the room to be bumped into by Knox. "Babe..." I pout.

"What?" he asks, taking a piece of toast off the plate.

"This was suppose to be a surprise! I was suppose to bring you breakfast in bed!!" I say like a kid who didn't get the candy they wanted.

He laughs. "Thank you! But why?"

"I just wanted to" I lie and push him onto the bed. "Now, have breakfast in bed" I laugh and he laughs, taking the plate.

He begins eating and I sit next to him. "Can we get our cat todayyy?" I ask.

He nods. "Yea sure"

"Eeeee I'm so excited!! Our little baby!!" I smile widely.

"Our only baby" he laughs, eating a piece of waffle.

"Knooooox, stop being like that... we're gonna have a baby one day!" I say.

He shakes his head. "No we're not, Sunshine. We're not having a baby. Never. And it's not you! It's just I don't ever want one, understand?" he furrows his eyebrows at me.

I nod and sign. "I understand... it's just been my dream to have a family"

"I'm sorry... but no... we can just own a lot of animals" he laughs and I frown.

I guess whatever makes Knox happy...

**

"Oh. My. God!!" I run to a different colored cat. "Babe. I want him!"

"Finally" he groans.

We've been at the adoption center for an hour now looking for a cat.

Most were mean as hell, some were bored, annoyed, and we just didn't have any luck.

But this little guy... he's the one!

"He's perfect!" I play with him with a cat toy.

"Sounds good, I'll get someone" he kisses my temple before walking off.