Behind Bars

Knox

"Well. That sucks" I laugh.

"Knox, stop" dad says sternly.

"My apologies" I smirk.

"And that's why I'm leaving" Tyler rolls his eyes.

"You're seriously gonna let a nineteen year old bring you down?" dad asks.

"He's a dangerous weapon at hands, Tyson!!" Tyler shout.

"We ALL are!" dad stomps.

I look at everyone and notice my Sunshine walk by in fear, so I follow her. "Hey baby" I wrap my arms around her from behind.

"Hiii" she turns around, kissing my cheek. "What are they shouting about?"

"Tyler's leaving the team and wants nothing to do with us" I shrug.

She tilts her head. "What about Matt?" she asks.

"Matts just confused" I laugh.

She frowns. "Knooox"

I sigh and put my hands on her side. "Do I regret what I did to Tyler? No. But Matt? I miss his stupid jokes and killer shooting skills everyday. But Sunshine, he's gone... and there's nothing we can do about it"

She looks down. "I just don't want your family to fall apart"

I shake my head and kiss her forehead. "It's not, baby. I promise. We're all good! Just a little flaw in our system" I wink.

She goes to speak, but the door opens. "Is she pregnant yet?" Mia asks and we both turn to her. "What? I told you I want a grand niece or nephew or I'll never forgive you"

I roll my eyes. "No she's not pregnant"

"Well that's unfortunate" she walks to the guys. "Hey!" she shouts.

I shake my head and Sunshine laughs. "Well I'm gonna keep reading in the library"

I chuckle. "Nerd" I say and she pretends to be hurt. "My little nerd" I pull her into my chest, ruffling her hair.

She laughs and pulls back. "I love you" she kisses my cheek before walking downstairs to the library.

"Im sick of this" Hudson and Mitchell walk to me.

"Wanna hit town?" Mitchell asks.

I shrug. "Sure. You drive" I smack the back of his head.

"Fine" he groans.

We walk outside we get into Mitchell's car.

He drives the speed limit and five minutes into the slow drive, I get a text from an unknown number of a girl being hanged by chains, making my eyes widen.

I look around the picture and immediately know the location. "Go to Hustlans Warehouse! NOW!" I shout.

"What why?!" Mitchell looks for a why to get off this road.