CHAPTER XXVIII

CHAPTER XXVIII

Ara has never been so overwhelmed with everything that has been happening in her life. She needed to wake up. Isang napaka-habang panaginip na nito. And meeting Lucifer has just topped it all.

When Ara saw Leilani, she knew she wasn't dreaming. Who would've thought that the nice beautiful nurse of Abyss was an Angel.

"It's nice to see you again, Ara," nakangiti nitong bati sa kaniya.

"Leilani..." she muttered. Gusto niya itong tanungin. Maraming maraming tanong. Pero nahihiya siya. Lalo na't masama ang tingin sa kaniya ni Lilith.

Sindred told her that Lilith is one of the first demon that was created by Lucifer, that made her an Elder. Pero hindi ito ang Elder na inaasahan niya. Akala niya ay matanda na ito. But Lilith is seductively beautiful. She'a wearing a floor length made of silk red dress. Her hair is also flaming curly red. Matalim ang mga mata nito kung tumingin. At kapag ngumingiti naman ay hindi mo alam kung matatakot ka.

Nang makumpleto ang lahat ng pinatawag ng hari ng kadiliman ay 'saka nito pinaliwanag ang kalagayan ni Ara. Everyone's attention was on hers until Lilith talked.

"And why would I help a mere mortal?" she said, eyeing her with hatred.

"My dear Lilith," Lucifer walked towards her, snaking his arms on her shoulders making her fliched in fear. "I understand your predicament about this. But Ara is on our side, aren't you, Ara?" baling nito sa kaniya na mabilis niyang tinanguan. Humigpit ang pagkakaakbay nito kay Lilith and his aura became even more dangerous. "It's not about what you want. It's about what I want. Always remember that, Lilith!"

"Yes, my Liege," nakayuko nitong sagot.

"And you, Leilani?" Lucifer said.

"I will help Ara, my Liege," she immediately answered and Lucifer chuckled evily.

"Good, good. Now we prepare. We'll carry out the ritual at midnight, on the Living ground," Lucifer said grinning.

"Living ground?" Ara said, confused.

"Oh, I mean your world."

***

Ara, Sindred, Leilani, Lilith, and Lucifer went to an abandoned convent for nuns. Kagaya ni Thorn o Raguel ay mayroon ding human form si Lucifer. Tanging sina Leilani, Lilith at Sindred lamang ang hindi nagpalit anyo.

Ara thinks that Lucifer's human form is too cool for him. Who would've thought that Lucifer will wear an all white suit, clean cut hair, and a shiny charol shoes. Malayong-malayo sa totoong katauhan nito.

The abandoned convent is small. Inside was convered of cobwebs and with a nasty rotten egg smell. Sindred explained to her that when a once holy building or land was abandoned, it will automatically becomes a belonging of a demon.

As Lilith was busy forming a pentacle on the middle of the convent, Ara took the chance to talk to Leilani.

"Okay lang ba sa'yo 'to? Baka napipilitan ka lang kasi...alam mo na," sabi niya at nginitian lamang siya nito.

"I'm not doing this because of Lucifer. I am doing this because of Raguel." She answered.

"Okay lang ba kung mag-tanong ako sa'yo?" Ara said.

"Sure. Ano na 'yon?"

"Were you an Angel? How did you fall? Malapit ka ba kay Raguel?" sunod-sunod niyang tanong na ikinatawa ng kausap.

"Yes, I was an Angel. When Raguel fall, marami kaming sumunod. I have two choices when my wings were clipped. To be a mortal, or to be a demon. Pinili kong maging tao. But Raguel, he helped me. Kaya kinuha niya ako sa Abyss kahit na isa na lamang akong tao."