CHAPTER XXXII

CHAPTER XXXII

Ara was staring at her belly on the mirror. Malaki na ang tiyan niya. Sobra na itong halata kumpara noong nagdaang araw. Keira told her before na madali ang development ng isang half breed at hindi nito kailangan ng nine months para maipanganak.

She could also feel all her energy being consumed by her baby so she really needs to eat a lot. Halos oras-oras ay dinadalhan siya ng pag-kain ni Zanilla. Every morning, like a normal pregnant woman ay napapabangon siya ng maaga para lamang dumuwa. And after that, she'll sleep again and wakes up again by noon.

For some reason ay si Keira at Sindred ang madalas niyang kasama. She understands that Thorn is trying to find a way to cloak her and her baby before she give birth.

"Keira, do you think my baby is a boy?" she asked her while she's crocheting a baby sock she learned from youtube.

"It's a girl," Keira relied with a beam.

"Oh," she react disappointedly. "I was thinking of naming my baby after my father...Aro," binitawan niya ang ginagantsilyo at kinuha ang lumang telephone directory sa side table ng sofa. "Siguro naman may magandang name rito ng babae,"

Nakita niyang tumayo si Keira at kinuha ang Encyclopedia sa bookshelf. She handed it to her. "Look here," she said.

Binalik niya ang telephone directory sa lalagyan at nagsimulang buklatin ang makapal na libro. May mga articles and facts that mentions a girl's name pero masyado itong common. Annie, Marie, Jane, Jean...they're all common to her ears.

"You may want something less flashy if you want your daughter to be invisible," Keira said and she nodded. Not too flashy and not too common.

Habang binubuklat niya ang mga pahina ng encyclopedia ay niyang naisipang bumalik sa front page.

Compiled by: Sophia Alambra, et al.

Napangiti siya. She knew what to name her baby.

"Sophina," she mumbled. From the her pirepheral view, she saw Keira smiled as if she has chosen a familiar name.

"Chief would love that name," she heard Keira commented and she turned to her, smiling.

"Really?" Ara's eyes were gleaming with joy. "Sa totoo lang ay excited na akong manganak. Gusto kong makita kung sino ang magiging kamukha ni baby Sophina,"

"Well, I'm sure your baby is going to be as beautiful as you,"

Biglang napaseryoso ang mukha ni Ara. May mga katanungan sa isip niya. Maaabutan niya ba ang pag-laki ng kaniyang anak? What if something happens to her and Thorn? Sino mag-aalaga sa anak nila? Kung siya lang sana ang masusunod ay gusto niyang ilayo ang anak sa mga bagay na may kinalaman sa mga celestial entities. At mangyayari lamang iyon kung mabubuhay siya ng matagal para alagaan ang anak.

"Don't think too much of the future, Ara," Keira said, staring at her. "Sometimes, ignorance is a bliss. Enjoy it."

"Masuwerte ka nga, eh. Nakikita mo ang hinaharap. I wish I have that same ability," she said that made Keira snorted.

"Are you sure about that? Don't you know that being a Seer is a curse to me? I could see the future both good and bad. That feeling where know you have the ability to see the future but you are powerless to stop it." Keira said bitterly.

"Were you an Angel just like Thorn?" she asked.

"No... I was a human just like you. I was born with this ability. But the Chief saved me from my impending death. He made me a demon seer..."