We need to talk

Adora's POV:
"Catra..what is this?.." I said looking up to her as the computer screen illuminated onto her dark skin. She couldn't speak, couldn't tell adora what she wanted to tell her. "Catra," I grabbed her arm. "Show me your arm." She still had that blank stare. "Ador-" "show me your arm, Catra." I said to Catra sternly to her. Catra hesitating lifted her sleeves showing her arms. The cuts danced along her arms and higher like climbing a mountain. I stared back at Catra. "Why didn't you tell me this? Why did you start doing this? When did you start doing this?" I kept rambling to Catra when she finally cut in.

"This started after my parents were drinking and arguing, and abusing me. I thought that this would be better for me, to take it out on myself because I thought I was just useless. They made me feel useless. Sometimes I still feel useless."
I glared at Catra grabbing her face pulling her close to mine. "Don't you ever say that again. You are

loved by so many people and you aren't useless. I remember in elementary school you would stick up for me with so much confidence. That confidence is in you and is waiting to burst with colors. You have

me and I have you. And I truly promise to be by you forever." With that She snickered. "You promise?" She said with tears filling her eyes ready to spill like rain. "I promise" I hugged Catra close to me as the computer screen still illuminating us and everything around us.

I'm making this note for anyone thinking you are useless and people don't love you. You have me and I'm here to help you and so many others as well. That's the best thing about friends and strangers sometimes. Strangers can guide you with so many things and help you. Your friends help you and understand you personally and know what to do. You aren't useless. You aren't ugly. You aren't any of those hateful words. You burst with colors and love for everyone around you and everything. Times get tough but you still pull through. You will get to that finish line of light and hope with every single person cheering your name. Everyone loves you. Be positive. Be strong.