Love is as Hot as the Burn on the Back of my Hand

(Really long title because I CAN)

    Run, run, run, run, run. What were we running from again? I don't know. Does it matter? No... All that matters is that we are trying to get away from it. Them? Was it just one being? Maybe it was more than that? 

    That does not matter! JUST KEEP RUNNING. It's getting closer! 

     I looked over to my left. A man was running with me. He was wearing a beautiful white dress. Who was he? Wait. Something was shining on his finger. Was that a ring? I looked down at myself. A black tux. Was I at a wedding? Wait. There was a ring on my finger. Was it my wedding? What are we running from?

    I suddenly trip over a crack in the road. I land face first on to the pavement. I looked up as I saw my lover continue to run off. 

    "SLUG!" I called. He quickly stops and turns to look at me. He stands there for a second looking at me, then at something behind me. His eyes widen. I'm too scared to look behind me. Whatever was chasing us was right behind me. The man, Slug, my husband, was frozen in fear.

     I closed my eyes. Tears fell out of them.  I sat there with them closed for what seemed like years. I opened them back up after a little bit. I saw a creature made of pure evil. Something I knew wasn't made up. 

Flug's pov. 

    I sat up startled. My breathing was rapid. My back was cold from sweat. My heart was pounding in my ears. I was shaking and crying. Slug must have been awoken from my sudden movement. He quickly jolted up to hold me in an embrace.

    "Another nightmare?" he asked after a few minutes.

     "Yeah..." I replied. The memories of the dream came back to me. I winched.

     "Shhhh, it's okay, it's just a dream nothing can hurt you. And even if they could, they would have to go through me first!" Slug said trying to cheer me up. I chuckle weakly. But the face of the creature is burned into my retinas. Every time I close my eyes all I see is that face. 

    Slug took a glance at his phone. 

     "6 am? huh, what perfect timing. Let's go get some breakfast," he said looking at me with those all too perfect eyes of his. I take a second to answer so I can burn his image into my mind instead of that thing. It kind of worked... 

     "Seriously? Your fiance just woke up from a horrible nightmare and the only thing on your mind is breakfast?" I questioned with a playful smirk on my face. He laughs sheepishly while rubbing his neck. 

     "Well, I mean... Yeah... I mean breakfast is the most important-" I quickly shush him up by putting my hands over his mouth.

    "Yeah, yeah, I know. Can you go one day without lecturing me about how food is important?" I asked him.

    He licked my hand causing me to jump away from him. 

    "But the question is if you can go one day without forgetting to eat a meal? And plus it's not every day, more like every other day. It really depends on how bad your habits get," he explained. "Also why do you still jump when I lick your hand? It's not like my tongue is new to your body."

    My face instantly lights up at that. He instantly lets out a chuckle before giving me a peck on the lips. I let out a laugh and bring him in for another kiss, a longer one.