Sickness

Slug's pov

   I quickly sit up from the bed I was previously sleeping in. The first thing I noticed was that my fiance wasn't at my side, the next thing I noticed was the sound that woke me up. The sound of someone puking their guts out in the bathroom connected to my room. 

    I quickly get up and rush to the bathroom to see Flug hunched over the toilet puking. I ran to his side and start to rub his back.

   This was the third day this week that he has puked up his dinner from the previous night, it's starting to worry me... He looked up at me after he was done tear-filled eyes. He hasn't been getting much sleep either... and the bags were quite visible. 

    I grab some toilet paper and clean his face off, I then grab a cup from the side of the sink filling it with water. I gave it to him. He instantly started to drink it. 

    "Maybe we should bring you to the hospital?" I suggest. 

    "Nah, I should be fine, I probably just caught the flu," he responds. 

    "This isn't no flu I have ever seen," I replied looking at the state he was in. His beautiful green eyes were dulled, his hair is normally messy, but lately, it's been worse than ever, his skin is pale, there are very visible bags under his eyes. "You look like you're dying."

    "I feel just fine!" He said hoping up to prove a point, but he instantly held his gut in pain. 

    "Well you don't look or act like you're fine," I said as I give him some medicine. "Take this."

    "I just don't feel like I need to go to the hospital," he tells me as he takes the medicine.

    "Will you allow me to at least give you a checkup? I did take a few medical classes," I ask him. He sighs.

     "Fine..." 

    "I just want to make sure that you're alright. And plus we don't want you to be ill during our wedding, which is next week."

     "Yeah, just imagine it? We are in the middle of saying our vows, and I barf all over you! That would be so gross!" Flug said laughing a bit, before going into a coughing fit. 

     "You're so weird," I tell him in a jokingly way.

     "And by default, that makes you weird," He says joking right back with me. We laugh for a little bit before I drag him back into bed.

    "It's still early, and I want to rest. I'll bring you a bucket, and a cup of water for when you need it. I'm going to talk to BlackHat about letting you have a couple of days off," I tell him.

    "I don't need time off, I'm-" I quickly sush him up.

    "You are not fine, I don't think puking up your dinner for the past three mornings is fine. You need rest, and the others will agree with me," I tell him sternly. 

     "Slug..." He tries to give me the puppy dog eyes.

    "As adorable as you are, that's not gonna work. I love you and care about you, and I want to make sure that you are healthy. It's my job as your fiance to make sure that you are healthy and safe, as it is yours to do the same for me. If I was constantly puking, not getting enough sleep, and I look like I was deathly ill, won't you make sure I get to rest and that I take it easy for a while? Even if I refuse to?" 

    "That's completely different!" he protests.

    "No, it is not. You may or may not be deathly ill, but you are sick and I will make sure that you are fine," I tell him. "Now I'm going to go get you a bucket and a cup of water, and I'm doing to go talk to BlackHat. I don't want to see you out of this bed."