Chapter 1

"One day you're going to remember me and how much I loved you... then you're gonna hate yourself for letting me go." --Aubrey Drake Graham

Serenity's P.O.V.

I took a small breath in as I turned around another corner. I'd been driving in the rain for what seemed like hours trying to clear my head and getting away. All I could see whenever I closed my eyes was my boyfriend whom I trusted in bed with my sister. I blinked back tears, trying to focus on the road. It was long..winding and almost mesmerizing. Up ahead I faintly see a strange form in the middle of the road. Pulling over, I step out of my car, hand over my head to shield from the rain. It was a wolf..an injured one. My heart wrenched at the thought of a creature that was in just as much pain as I was. What could have happened?

*One-hour earlier*

"Hey Serenity, got any plans tonight? Want to grab something to eat?"

I gave a soft smile to my best friend Melody who just so happens to be my trusted assistant. Both of us work as vets. When I was just a young girl, I would always dream of working with animals and seeing them get well. This dream started when my young dog cookie died and at the time I didn't know how to help. I cried for days because I knew I would never cookie again. By my side was Melody who got me through it all. Melody is the same age as me with shiny amber hair while her eyes are a beautiful chocolate brown. It made me happy when she shared the same dream as me in becoming a vet. With all our hard work paying off we both now rock at our jobs and the best bonus we get to see many cute dogs!

"Sorry Melody. I'm going to have to give you a rain check. I've been trying to get ahold of Ethan for some time known and he's not answering my calls. It's getting me worried."

"Maybe something happened and he's taking care of it."

She could be right. Ethan must be busy and I'm probably just bothering him, however, I can't shake this dreaded feeling I feel deep within me. It's not a feeling I enjoy because something bad always happens. A feeling that could make you throw up.

"I'll be taking my leave now Melody. Don't forget to lock up okay?"

"Whatever you say, mom."

I laughed heading out grabbing my umbrella since it was raining heavy tonight. Speed walking my car I opened the door getting in putting my seat belt on driving back home to change so I could drive to Ethan's house to see what's going on. Lucky for me I don't live so far from where I work which is very convenient for me. The only downside is I'm still living with my parents till I find a place for myself. Though finding the right apartment in New York is not easy. You can say it's like finding a needle in a haystack. Pulling up into the driveway parking my car stepping out. I unlocked the front door heading upstairs to my room so I could change. Just as I was close enough to my room, I could hear faint moaning coming from Fiona's room.

"Now that's just gross."

Right before I walked passed by her room, I heard Ethan's voice. No. It can't be him...He would never stoop that low... With curiosity getting the best of me I pressed my ear lightly on Fiona's door just to make sure I'm wrong. God, I feel like a damn perv doing this. As the moans get louder with the sound of the bed shaking, I wanted to throw up. Until everything went south.

"Ethan we better finish up before Serenity gets back from work. ~"

"I wouldn't worry about that babe. It's not like I even care since I plan to break up with her anyway to be with you."

The words he spoke rang loudly in my head. The only thing that could be heard is my heartbeat beating faster like drums. Was this for real? How could I have been so stupid...? Not wanting to bare this anymore I slammed open the door taking Ethan and Fiona by surprise. The panicked look on Ethan's was very clear while Fiona had a deep smirk on her face looking like she won. The only thing she won is being the queen bitch.

"Don't worry Ethan. You don't need to break up with me because I'll be the first to say we are DONE!"

There was nothing more to be said. I ran out not caring that I'm still in my work clothes stepping into my car driving off to god knows where. My vision got blurry from the tears that seem to flow down my cheeks like a never-ending waterfall. I felt like I wanted to throw up so bad. Is this what having your heart broken dose to you? I wanted to forget it all. Up ahead I saw something lying in the middle of the road.

*Present Time*

I grabbed its paw gently and attempted to lift the wolf, but its fur and body were so heavy and weighed down with water. This wolf is huge! I ended up dragging it into my car with a couple of new bumps added to his body since I did drag the hell out of him into my car closing the door with a loud thud. When I finally arrived at the vet building, I took the injured wolf from my car and brought it inside even though I struggled. I have to be completely out of my mind to be taking in a wild wolf back to the vet. I hope when I'm done examining its wounds it won't go crazy when it wakes it. The only wound I was able to make out was a slash to the neck, but it wasn't too deep. Stitching the wound up was simple and easy for me since I been doing it for the past 3 years now. I also took note that this wolf is male.

I placed my hands on its jet-black fur that was now dried. It felt so soft like a pillow. What a magnificent wolf he is. It was now late and the rain wasn't letting up, but only getting heavier. Looks like I'm staying here tonight. Great. Today has been a mess...But from the both of us seems you have it worse there you nameless wolf.

"What should I call you?"

My hands roamed its fur once more till the wolf stirred awake. His head turned to look at me since I was petting him. What memorized me was that this wolf's eyes were the color of electric blue. I have never seen a wolf with that kind of eye color before. It was beautiful. We both stared at each other for what seemed like forever. The wolf tried to get up before I stopped him.

"Hold it there wolfy. You're still injured so you need to rest up."

I scratched under his chin till he started to purr giving in laying back down. Good boy. The only thing that amazed me was how big he is. There are no records of a wolf being as big as a car! Most of all what could have injured him? It must have been one hell of a fight. Feeling the power of sleep take over I ended up laying my head on the wolf's side falling fast asleep.

Morning soon came as I was awoken from my sleep, Melody looking at me with a worried look on her face. It's morning already? Damn my back hurts!

"Okay, girl I have one question for you. Why are you sleeping here? I thought you went home?"

All the events that happen last night suddenly came rushing back. I jolted up surprising Melody making the blanket that was covering me fall to the ground.

"What happened to the wolf!?"

"Wolf? Serenity what are you talking about? There is no wolf here just you."

What...But...where could he have gone?

"What's going on?" Melody asked.

Knowing Melody, she won't let this go till I fess up. This is going to be a long morning. Lord help me now.