Chapter 5

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Breault

A women written in mystery is worth a curiosity trip -Unknown

A best friend is someone you share a truly special and unique bond. Someone who cares for you, accepts you for who you are, you, stands with you even when everyone else is walking away, and much more. -Unknown

Third Persons P.O.V.

With today being Melody's birthday Serenity wanted to make sure Melody will have a great time even if they planned on spending this grand time in a very fancy hotel. Their bags were packed and ready to hit the road. Serenity insisted on driving because the birthday girl is queen for the day.

"Serenity. You don't have to do that." Melody said trying to take the keys out of Serenity's hands in which she moved her hands behind her back guarding the keys like her life depended on it.

"No-can-do birthday girl. This is your special day and I am going to treat you like a queen even if you don't deserve it."

Melody knew she could not argue with that comment seeing as how it was true. Melody is a very rebellious girl that even her father has a hard time taming if she becomes out of control. Instead, she laughed getting into the passenger seat with Serenity starting the car. The ride to the Bellaire hotel only took about twenty-eight minutes thanks to no traffic. Finding parking was the hard part when the parking lot is packed like at the super bowl game. This took Serenity about ten minutes till they found an open spot.

"Jeez. This hotel is no joke. Now I'm excited to see what our room looks like."

"Melody. Once we get to our room what's the first thing we're going to do?"

"Serenity. That is the easiest question you could ever ask me." Melody said taking hold of her suitcase with Serenity by her side walking up to the main doors as they open nice cool air hits their faces. "We're going to explore this hotel!"

Exploring the hotel seemed like a really fun idea. It made Serenity think of those YouTube videos where the Youtubers would explore hotels and even some haunted ones. It was also a great distraction for Serenity to forget all about her sister and now ex. Melody just wanted her best friend to relax and just have a good time. Who knows, maybe Melody can hook her up with a good guy when the time is right.

"Before we explore the hotel, we should explore our room first."

Melody walked up to the front desk talking to the receptionist seeing if their room is ready. Watching the receptionist type away on her computer she smiled handing Melody a golden key card.

"The royal suite is ready for you." The receptionist said with a very cheery smile. However, Melody's face was pale that she could be mistaken for a ghost. The royal suite is extremely expensive and you would have to be a damn billionaire to have a suite like that.

"I'm sorry. There must be some mistake. I never asked to have the royal suite. I don't have the money to afford it." Melody explained to the receptionist in a panicked voice.

The woman just smiled. "Don't worry about that. This room is on us. That's all I can say."

Both Melody and Serenity were flabbergasted knowing they will be getting the royal suite for free. Was this a prank or a gift from the birthday gods? Whatever the reason was they still took it.

"Before you go." The receptionist began as she pointed to a very handsome looking man walking over to them. "Ladies this is Darren Bright and he will take you up to your room."