Chapter 6

Dinner is often a very celebratory environment, a very safe place, a time to reflect and let the day go and enjoy good food and good wine. It's a very peaceful moment during the day. A great dinner can change your day around.  --Brett Gelman

Sean's P.O.V.

I sighed closing my closet door, as I stared at my reflection in the mirror that hung on my door. I blinked, rubbing my eyes just so I could clear my thoughts. Straightening my tie and turning away I grabbed my watch on the nightstand making my way out the door to attend the dinner party. Everything must be perfect for Serenity my mate. All I could think about was her and that beautiful smile I saw on that rainy night. Her captivating green eyes that reminded me of emeralds glistening in the sunlight. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Come in," I said.

Walking in was Darren with a serious look on his face. Could something had happened to him? It's very rare to see his expression like this. The only other time I saw him this serious was when one of the female omegas in the pack was being bullied by one of the other girls in the pack.

"What's the matter, Darren? Did something happen?" I need to make sure everything is fine with no problems to come across.

"Everything is fine, but I did find my mate who is unexpectedly your mates' best friend."

"That's a good thing, right?" I had to ask because that look on his face made it seem like it was not good. Does he not like her?

"It's a great thing to know just she is a flirty one. She was hitting on me when I was showing them around. I was fighting my wolf so he wouldn't take control and well you know the rest."

Well, I'm happy for him. I know his parents are going to be very happy upon hearing the news of him finding his mate as the pack and my parents were happy to know I found my mate. Tonight is going to be a night for both me and Darren will remember. But before I forget I grab my laptop typing in an email to my good friend the alpha king. I'm sure he will be thrilled to know the news too. I remember the day when he called me at 4 in the morning telling me he found his mate. I don't remember much of the conversation before I blacked out. I did tell him I was sorry because I was doing over-time for a week and I needed sleep or I would have snapped.

Not realizing the time David bursts through the door with a bat! A damn metal bat! This guy has to be the most random vampire I know. Or he's just special. Yeah, I'll go with that.

"What's taking you two wolves so long! The party is about to begin and you both need to be present! Your mates have already arrived and might I say they look stunning."

Both Darren and I growled at David for calling our mates stunning. How dare he look at Serenity.

"Don't you both go growling at me when you're the ones who are going to be late making your mates wait?" David said knowing he was right and wanted to keep showing it. He's lucky I don't want blood on my clothes.

"Hold on. How did you know Melody is my mate? Were you spying on us?"

That is a good question.

"No, I did not spy. May the receptionist told me after you left to lead the girls to the room." David laughed. "She also told me you froze in place with Melody trying to snap you out of it." He continued to laugh holding his stomach. I tried to hold back my laugh too, but this is too funny. Did he freeze up at the sight of his mate? I looked at David to ask if this was recorded on the cameras in the lobby. He smiled letting me know he will show me later.

"Let's just go already!" Darren snapped leaving the room in a hurry. David and I finished our laughing following Darren. This is going to be an interesting night.