Chapter 4

Jade's POV

The Ghoulies always change their hiding spot so us serpents dont find them. I take point as my friends and I start to search the forest.

"Jade its getting dark. Maybe we should head back. We can search more in the daylight." Toni says.

"If your scared then turn back." I say.

"I think what Toni is saying that its getting dark and theres a chance you might hit one of us with an arrow." Fangs says.

"So thats it the Ghoulies win this round and..." I say, but was stopped.

"Shh... Did you hear that?" SweetPea asks.

We all staid quiet for a moment when we hear what sounded like people coming our way. I placed my bow up and headed towards the noise.

"Jade!" Toni silently yells.

"She's gonna kill us all." Fangs says.

I just kept going as they followed and before long the sounds was very close by.

"Whoever you are come out and face us or take an arrow to the head. Either way is fine with me." I say.

Whatever or whoever it was stopped making noise and slowly came closer to us and we could see who it was in the moonlight.

"You wont shoot me." Joaquin says.

(In this book he is alive)

"Joaquin your back? How?" Fangs asks.

"I realized that Im not gonna let the sheriff scare me off. Besides I heard about Ghoulies going out and getting serpents in trouble. I thought you can us another serpent." Joaquin says.

"Well thats two in Riverdale that Jade wont hurt." Toni says.

"Whatever... Hey did you see any Ghoulies out here?" I ask.

"No, but I did see some people over by the river. Maybe its the Ghoulies." Joaquin says.

I didnt waste anytime to head to the river and when I got there I saw people. I placed my bow up and aimed.

"Sorry to crash your party, but.... Your not Ghoulies." I say once I see the faces.

"No. We arent. Why are you here?" Archie asks.

"Thats non of your business. Why are you and your football team doing now?" I ask.

"Im not answering that until you place your bow down." He says.

I looked at him and slowly lowered my bow.

"Okay speak." I say.

"I saw your dad and other serpents heading into the woods. They were talking about some group called the Ghoulies. So I thought since we saw the one who attacked we could be of assistance, but we clearly didnt find anything." He says.

"Well you boys should go and let me and the serpents handle this." I say.

"That wont be necessary young lady." My dad says walking up.

He walked right towards me and took my bow away along with my arrows and hands them to other serpent.

"Where did you come from?" I ask.

"Simple I know you. After we searched the woods for Ghoulies we went to other places and they went back to the Whyte Wyrm and the bar tender said you went into my stuff and left with the arrows. Didnt take long to realize what you were up too." He says.

"Im not a child. I can handle myself and besides I can get the Ghoulies to suffer." I say.

He didnt say much he wanted to be a good serpent king and that meant not losing ourselves for revenge. Thats why he is giving me a hard time. He cleared the area making sure Bulldogs and the other serpents got home okay before yelling at me at home.

"ARE YOU INSANE! THOSE GHOULIES COULD HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU! YOU COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!" My dad yells.

"I would have been fine. I can handle myself." I say.

"That maybe, but the Ghoulies have been blending in lately. Which means they could have set a trap for you knowing you would want to fight. You have to be careful." He says.

I rolled my eyes and went into my room and slammed the door. Its true the Ghoulies want me out of the way, but they cant get me cause I just know when things are about to go down.

Thats what she thinks just wait until tomorrow when the Ghoulies take someone away from her. But what? And who?

A/N: What do you think? Any good? Let me know. Thanks.