Chapter 4

“I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars.” 
― Stephenie Meyer, Twilight

December 7th 

This week was busy as hell, with the Christmas holidays coming up and all the decorations and activities planned this year at M&P, I was running around like a mad women. Since it was my idea to plan activities, like making cookies, gingerbread house, secret santa, arranging christmas party on 24th and bringing one ornament each to decorate christmas tree. I was incharge of Christmas celebrations at M&P.

Glancing at the window I saw night skies with lights illumination from the downside road. I checked my watch and saw it was just past to six thirty. I stayed up late since it was Friday, which meant everyone had left on time.

I strolled around and put the last flyer on my desk as I did to almost everyone's after they left which stated what activities we have and when. 
I sighed looking around. No one was here except for me and I wanted it that way since no one knew about the activities apart from Secret Santa ofcourse. I decided I will come early on Monday to see everyone's reactions. I closed my laptop, took my purse and headed towards the elevator, passing the pantry I saw the lights were ON.

Someone must have left out this one i thought since all of the lights were off now except for the foyer. I decided to peek inside just to see if someone was there when something near the snacks counter caught my eye. I freezed..noticing the same envelope I received few days ago as my gift. I walked the short distance and saw it looked the same, same design, the rose, I could have ignored it if it wasn't addressed to me on the very top with my name on it just as it was in the first envelope.
I looked into my purse and saw the earlier envelope minus the keychain which now had a special place on my car headboard hanging from the top. 

Observing the envelope I took it and opened. I saw similar type of keychain with a letter 'E' on it. A sense of déjà-vu hit me. Nothing was different, the note that was inside looked exactly the same as it was earlier only what was written in it changed. I read,

Dear Rosalie,

Brrrr.! Outside is really quite chilly
but first check your car door, but don't be silly.

Love, Santa.

I almost ran to my car which was parked just outside the gate by Franky as i had requested him few minutes earlier. I freezed the moment I stepped out. He was right it's cold out here and I forgot to wear my coat, thank god I had it with me when I left. I quickly wore the coat and ran to my car careful not to trip on the wet ground.

I unlocked the car and saw the car door. It had nothing, I sat inside and looked at the passenger side, and there it was a neatly taped mickey shaped baloon, which made me smile. I loved mickey when i was a kid. I saw an attached paper to it...once my eyes fell on the words I almost screamed ..almost...like what? 

OMG!!! OMG!!!

I literally started bouncing inside my car.

Those were concert tickets of Blake Sheldon's concert my all time favourite country singer. I didn't know they were performing in this city.
I googled and saw they were performing for a cause. It was a charity for funding a children's home. That's a good cause. I smiled and noted the address. It was a good twenty minutes drive from my apartment but hey who is complaining? 

I looked at the envelope again and frowned looking at the tickets. They were just two. I mentally scan all my friends taste in music. Apart from me, Chris and Eddie were somewhat a fan of country. Violet is more of a hard rock fan and Leo, well who knows what he keeps listening on his headphones. I will decide once I reach home. I started the car playing Blake Sheldon's 'God gave me you' on the stereo and lined up the playlist all through the drive.