046 : maid of honour volume two

❝ YEAH. MY BEST MAN. ❞

⋆。˚  ✩

"Tom!" Scarlett rushes over to a tired looking Tom who had knocked on her door seconds ago. She hugged him enthusiastically, and Tom does too, happy to be in the trusting embrace of the one person he loved.

The pair hadn't managed to see eachother since Valentine's Day after the debacle of the twin's party and Sophie's home. But Tom put it off as much as he could, because every time he thought of Scarlett, he was reminded that he was keeping a secret from her that not only her fiancé was cheating on her with one of her best friends, they were also planning to con her out of her entire savings.

That was all that Tom could put together in his mind in all the weeks he was stuck thinking about what he heard. Once Theo and Scarlett were husband and wife, they share assets, houses, money.

Do you see where he's getting at?

"So, we've finally come up with a date for the wedding!" Scarlett gushes, too concealed in her world of happiness to notice Tom's obvious train of thought, but he perks up slightly to hear.

"When is it?" He grins, and Scarlett sighs quickly, taking his hand and holding it tight. If she wasn't getting married, it'll be more loving than painful.

"Tom, I don't want you to be upset, and you don't have to come! But the day I chose is so special to me- to us- and it seemed like the perfect oppurtunity to tie the knot and start my life again." She rambles, and Tom deflates a little more, having a perfect idea of what date his best friend had in mind.

"..It's my 30th birthday, isn't it?" He mumbles, a wave of depressing thoughts entering his mind, but Scarlett saw, taking him in to a warming hug that Tom could never deny wasn't comforting.

"You don't have to come if you don't want to," Scarlett whispers gently in his ear, but Tom sits up straight, vigorously shaking his head.

"No way. There's no place I'd rather be, Scar. It's your wedding day!" Tom exclaims, and Scarlett's guilty frown turned into an excited smile almost immidiately.

"Great! That means I have to ask you something." Scarletr speaks, her hands going ontop of Tom's, who probably couldn't handle the emotional rollercoaster he'd just been through with his best friend.

"Will you be my maid of honour? Well, not maid of honour, cos you're a man, is it a man of honour?-"

"You mean your best man?" Tom giggles, and Scarlett nods, a pink tint arising in her cheeks.

"Yeah. My best man."

Tom sticks out his hand in a position that could only mean for the two to complete their signature handshake, and after they hug in a satisfying and pleasant manner that Tom could only be grateful for.

"What about Theo? Is he having a best man?" Saying that man's name practically made Tom feel sick now, but he had to in order to keep things normal between him and Scarlett.

She shakes her head, a cheeky sort of smile on her face. "We decided to swap it round, so I'll have a best man and he'd have a maid of honour."

"Who is his maid of honour then?"

"Sophie! I think it's adorable really, I wanted Soph to have as big a part in our day as possible, and her and Theo have been getting along so well, we thought, why not?" Scarlett squeals excitedly, and Tom scrunched his eyes shut.

He really needs to show Scarlett what he knows, and fast, because he cannot stand to watch Scarlett go through with that wedding day and possibly have her entire life ruined.

It just wasn't possible.

𝔦𝔫𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔞𝔪

♡ liked by tomholland2013, hazosterfield and 11,217,658 others

ˢᶜᵃʳˡᵉᵗᵗᶜᵃᵇᵉˡˡᵒ : my best man. my rock. i luh yuh, munchkin. ty for being a part of my big day 💓💓💓💓

✩ TAGGED: ᵗᵒᵐʰᵒˡˡᵃⁿᵈ²⁰¹³

VIEW ALL COMMENTS...

TOMHOLLAND2013: there'd be something seriously wrong with me if i declined now, wouldn't there?

USERNAME: NO SOMEONE ELSE NEEDS TO BE THE BEST MAN

USERNAME2: TOMLETT ARE THE ONES WHO NEED TO GET HITCHED PLS

ZENDAYA: the goals we all need

USERNAME3: istg theo needs to leave

USERNAME4: BEST FRIENDS!

USERNAME5: defying everyone by still calling the friendzone card to this day

HAZOSTERFIELD: i wanna be a best man

SOPHCARTER: yay !! you guys are just the sweetest besties !

THEOJAMES: just 3 months to go, love x
ϟSCARLETTCABELLO: 3 months to go

USERNAME6: 3 months today??? thats june 1st

USERNAME7: thEY'RE GETTING MARRIED ON TOMS BIRTHDAY WGAT SKSVSOEVSOS E, so selfish
ϟSCARLETTCABELLO:  if tom disagreed with the date, i would never have the wedding on his birthday. i asked him and we mutually agreed on the date as it's a special day for both of us. i didn't have to tell u, but i am because who knows what article would be written about me being a 'bad friend' or whatever. tu, n.

⋆。˚  ✩

THANK U, NEXT @ THEO