056 : twenty-seven dresses

❝ YOU LOOK PERFECT, YOU REALLY
DO ❞

⋆。˚  ✩

"I hate this dress. It's flumpy." Scarlett frowns to Zendaya and Camila. Her sister had been suffering awful morning sickness for staying the weekend, so was forced to stay with Scarlett a little longer than planned until the pregnancy symptoms subsided.

Zendaya forms a pout with her lips, sighing "That's the seventh dress today." And Scarlett sighs in despair, groaning.

"I just want this day to be right, and everything seems to be falling apart! I can't find a dress, I'm relying on some Americans on the phone to sort my venue, the band cancelled, all in the space of less than three weeks to go!"

Sitting down on the velvet seat with the flumpy wedding dress that gave her lumps and bumps on her body, Scarlett buries her head in her hands. Camila approaches her sister, wearing a sort of little bump on her abdomen, hugging her shoulders tightly.

"Listen, this is just a little moment of time. You're stressed, you're going to be! It's going to be the biggest day of your life." Camila whispers to Scarlett, rubbing her shoulders gently and kissing her temple.

Zendaya nods, joining the sisters and sitting on the other side of Scarlett. "She's right, you know. Just breathe, and look at a different angle."

Scarlett sighs, "This is going to take a long time."

𝔱𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯

scarlett🥂/@scarlettcabello
someone give me strength !
dress shopping is possible the worst
about wedding planning, n
its even worse when i can't find
a dress !
s a v e m e

VIEW ALL REPLIES...

>username/@username
wowie who knew it'd
be that hard

>username2/@username2
you'll find it !!

>tom🕸/@tomholland1996
i feel like we're in
27 dresses

>scarlett🥂/@scarlettcabello
i know right, we're going
there (on dress 24)!

>z💞/@zendaya
girl stop HIDING and get
out here with this dress

>camila💕/@camilacabellopratt
we dont come to london
n help w wedding things for
nothing uno 😩

>username3/@username3
its so close how does she
not have a dress lmao

>username4/@username4
sad that tomlett aren't
marryin :(

>username5/@username5
this is her wedding day !
let her be happy with
the man she loves

>username6/@username6
theo isn't right for scarlett. he
isn't the kind of man that
she'd marry.

>scarlett🥂/@scarlettcabello
sorry, i didn't know u were
a close friend of mine who
knew the ins and outs of
my relationship x

username7/@username7
then where's your future
husband to back u up?

scarlett🥂 deleted this tweet !

The last dress of the day, the 50th or something, was the right dress. It was perfect. It was classic, vintage yet with a modern twist to it. As Scarlett stood and stared in the full length mirror infront of her with tired eyes, she couldn't help but frown at her beautiful appearance.

She was going to get married, any day now, to a man she'd known for less than a year. She was planning on spending the rest of her life with the boy next door, but then changed plans last minute for a stranger.

Sure, he made her happy, they loved eachother, but could she really jump into a lifelong promise?

Divorce existed, but it was practically taboo among her hispanic family. Her parents' divorce was trauma enough, and she vowed she'd never be in the position they were in when she was old enough to recognise their divorce. Never.

But then she looked so sleek and angelic in that dress, practically perfect. Scarlett couldn't find one damn fault in the lace and silk material, and that was so relieving to her. At long last, she could say yes to the dress.

So why was she so conflicted?

Shaking off her contradicted thoughts, Scarlett forced herself to stare at the fake smile she brought herself to make, keeping it as she alerted the assistant to pick up the trailing veil as she stepped out of the changing room.

Both Zendaya and Camila, who were chatting among themselves with champagne flutes in their hands, practically dropped their jaws when the white perfection addressed the room. Camila fwlt herself well up with tears, and Zendaya stayed silent in awe.

"This is it, pequeña. This is the dress." Camila nods to her sister, tears blurring her vision but not distracting the gorgeous sight of her sister in that wedding dress.

Zendaya claps her hands together joyfully, sighting contently. "I'll take a picture and send it to Tom. You look perfect, Scarlie, you really do." She beams and Scarlett smiles, posing for a photo so Zendaya could send it to her best friend.

"Yeah, this is it. This is what I'm wearing in less than 3 weeks time." Scarlett sighs nervously, not noticed by her best friend and sister, but definitely by her.

Getting married was nervewracking.

⋆。˚  ✩

5 left ☁️☁️