Chapter 2 Desolation

I slowly opened my eyes. I was not at the graveyard. I stood up and walked out of the room.

"Oh,you're awake?"

Ryota stood behind me in his school uniform.

"I thought-"

"You said you wanted to go to school,right? Then,get in the uniform,I'll wait for you outside,"he said and handed me some clothes. Then he walked outside.

I remember I was stabbed by him in the graveyard. Could that just be a dream? I touched my stomach. It was bandaged. So I was really stabbed by him.

I quickly changed my clothes and headed outside.

We walked to school together. People starte to stare at us when we reached school.

"Yo,Ryota! What took you so long?"a boy asked. He's probably Ryota's friend.

"Oh,who is this?"he asked again and looked at me.

"I-"

"She's my friend,from overseas,"Ryota interrupted.

"I see! Then let me show you around this school during recess,"he said,waving his hand and walked away.

"He's kind,"I said softly.

"That's right."

Ryota brought me to the principal's office and went to his classroom.

After that,I was led to a classroom. I went in and introduced myself. The class looked peaceful.

"Suzu Tsukino,nice to meet you."

Boys started to stare at me,including Ryota. He's far behind,so I can't see him clearly. I was asked to sit next to a short-haired girl. She looked cheerful. She greeted me with a smile.

"Nice to meet you,Suzu! I am Izumi Hinata,call me Izumi."

I can do nothing else but to smile at her. I'm not really good at making friends,but when it comes to real,it's fun.

A bell rang,symbolizes the recess time. As promised,Ryota's friend showed me around the school.

"What's your name?"I asked.

"Daichi Furuguwa. You said your name is Suzu Tsukino,right? Nice to meet you,Suzu!"

"Call me Tsukino,please."

"Mm? Why?"

"I don't really like people calling by my given name."

"I-I see..."

He showed me many places. Then,I suddenly remembered about Ryota. I was supposed to protect him. I quickly said goodbye to Daichi and quickly searched for Ryota.

It was recess time,so I thought he might be at the school canteen. I went there but he's not there.

"Ryota! Where are you?!"I shouted. Students started to stare at me but I didn't even give a care about it. I left the canteen and continued searching.

Ryota was walking into the boy's restroom. He felt that he had to rest for a while. He couldn't find any quiet place,so he decided to go to the restroom. He entered one of the stalls and sat on the cover of the toilet bowl and closed his eyes.

He couldn't sleep. His heartbeat was inconsistent. He could barely breathe. He held his chest and tried to slow down his heartbeat.

"Why...I..."

His vision became blur. Just when he wanted to pass out,a person banged the door open and walked towards him. He pushed Ryota against the wall and tightly squeezed his neck.