Chapter 7 Encounter

"Hey,Sis...Why do you think Mom and Dad don't spend time with us lately?"

"Mom and Dad have work to do. We shouldn't get in their way."

"But,it's really boring,Sis!"

"Don't be like that,Shiro.You still have me,right? How about playing outside? I will catch up later."

"Mm!"

Shiro left the room and headed outside. I went to the basement to see what Mom and Dad were doing. There was not a single voice down here. It was deadly quiet.

"Mom?Dad?"I called out.

Suddenly,someone hit my back with something hard. I lost conciousness and was brought away. When I woke up,I found myself in an unusual room. Both my legs and wrists were chained onto the table.

Then,I heard footsteps. There was more than a person's footsteps. There were two people heading towards this room.

"Sis?"

I looked to my left side. Shiro was kneeling on the floor with both her hands tied up. She looked very scared.

"Are we kidnapped? Do you remember what happened,Shiro?"I asked.

"There's no need to answer her,Shiro."

I recognize that voice. It was Dad's.

"Dad! Why are we here?"I asked.

Dad took out a syringe from his pocket. Inside the syringe there was a reddish liquid. It didn't look like blood.

"It's going to hurt,Suzu. But,just for a while," Dad said and slowly injected the liquid into my body.

I had a bad feeling about what Dad's doing. I felt my body burning inside. It was very painful. My body felt like tearing apart.

"Aaah! Kahhh!!"

"S-Sis!"

The pain was unbearable. I thought I was going to die. But,the pain eased up in a minute.

"You did well,Suzu. You never fail to impress me,"Dad said and smiled.

"Dad...What did you inject into my body...?"I asked weakly.

Something unusual was inside my body. I can't move. My vision was blurry.

"Don't worry,Suzu. You'll be fine as long as you don't get raged. But for the time being,I must keep you down here. I will tell Maria to bring you your meal everyday."

"No...Dad-"

"Take care of yourselves."

Dad left the basement,leaving Shiro and I in this room filled with darkness.

"Sis,why Dad lock us in here? Did we made Dad mad?"Shiro asked sadly.

"We'll be okay,Shiro. I'm really sure of it."

A few days passed. It has been three days both of us were locked in here. Shiro was growing even weaker and weaker since the food which has been sent here reduced in amount day by day.

Another day came,and Dad came and visited us. Mom came along. At first,we were happy. But,that happiness vanished when we saw Mom sobbing.

"Come here,Shiro. Dad have a gift for you,"Dad said as he asked Shiro to go to him.

Suddenly,I shouted.