Chapter 9 Despairing

"Why do you want to help them?"Satomi asked.

"My family caused them to lose their family,so I want to pay them back."

"You don't even know them. Why do you have to care for them?"

Satomi's eyes were filled with unsatisfactory,which I hated most. Those eyes tells me that things will end bad if I make this decision.

"I'm sorry I dragged you in. This isn't your matter anymore. You can go home,"I said and walked back into the house.

"You'll get into trouble,Miyuki. Trust me."

"What I can do now is to not trust anybody. You know what that means,right?"

I closed the door leaving Satomi outside. I sat on the floor,hugging my legs together and lowered my head.

"Let me help you."

"..."

"You don't have to accept it now,if you don't like it..."

"Don't treat us like we're good people."

He turned and looked at me with his colorless eyes.

"You might end up dead helping us."

Thinking about those words,I closed my eyes. Fuyuka slowly walked towards me with a glass of water in her hands.

"I'm sorry,Miss Miyuki..."

"Don't apologize. And,thank you,"I thanked and took hold of the glass with water.

"Brother shouldn't had yelled at you just now...It was all my fault,"she said and rubbed her arms slowly.

I knew what the government did was wrong. I don't know whether what the Nishimura did was true or not. I've never heard of any rumors of the Nishimura exposing the country's secret in this two years. Or,Dad was keeping something under his sleeve until now?

"Miss Miyuki..."

Fuyuka suddenly looked at me with a pair of frightening eyes.

"Are you not afraid of us?"she asked.

"Fuyuka..."

"Are you not scared of death?"

Her expression changed suddenly. Her red eyes was cold but,she still looked sad. I can understand her feelings,to face the ones who killed her own clan right in front of her eyes.

A sudden noise of something breaking was heard from the room. Fuyuka quickly rushed to the room. I followed her to see what had happened.

When I entered the room,Fuyuka's brother was kneeling on the floor,picking up the broken pieces of glasses.

"Brother! You can't do that! You'll hurt yourself!"Fuyuka said and stopped her brother.

"I'm sorry...I broke another one..."her brother apologized with a deep tone.

"We have plenty,so don't worry,Brother."

The way they talk and live,made me shed tears. I wiped away the tears to avoid letting them know.

Fuyuka's brother suddenly sobbed.

"Why...I can't be like others...?"he asked and covered one of his eyes with his hand.

Fuyuka kept silent.

Little drops of tears fell onto his hands.

"Why can't I even do something simple like this...?"