Chapter 6 Distance

"Eh...The doctor said I can leave the hospital today,"Ryota said as he looked at me disappointedly.

"You have no choice. Your condition doesn't allow you to do that,you know,right?"

He suddenly turned sad. It wasn't like the words I said just now hurt him.

"What's the matter?"I asked.

"Oh,I was thinking about Miyuki. I've never seen her in that mood before."

"She was jealous. I can tell by looking at her eyes."

"Why would she be jealous anyway? What did you do to her just now?"

I glared at him and said,"Now you're suspecting me?"

"No...I didn't mean that..."

Since just now,I've been having a bad feeling. Someone was watching us.

"Ryota,you're being targeted. Don't let your guard down,"I warned him.

"I knew that. It's a sniper,right? And,the two security guards at the ground floor too."

"How do you know that much?"I asked.

"The moment you sent me here,I've already knew that someone was keeping an eye on me."

I reached for my gun from the back of my skirt. Suddenly,there was a blink of light from far away. I quickly avoided that bullet. The window glass broke,attracted the doctor's attention.

"What happened?"the doctor came in and asked.

Before I could explain,the doctor was shot in his head.

"W-Where did that come from?!"Ryota asked shockedly.

I looked out through the window from the side to see where was the sniper shooting from. It was from one of the highest building in Tokyo. I couldn't imagine how accurate the sniper was.

I grabbed Ryota's hand and ran out of that room. We took the lift down to the basement car park.

It was very quiet. There wasn't any people there so we didn't have to hide ourselves. Once we left the hospital,we headed straight to the railway station.

"I think we have head back to your home,"I said and put back my gun.

He didn't reply so I turned and looked at him. He was so pale and he was grabbing his chest.

"I don't think I can last long,Suzu. Just go on without me,"he said,looking at me seriously.

"What are you talking about? I am supposed to protect you,don't you remember? I'm not going to leave you,get it?"

"I'm just going to drag you down! You may die too!"he said loudly.

The people in that station looked at us. Talking like this will expose Ryota's identity in no time. To avoid that,I stopped arguing with him.

"Let's go home,"I said to him softly.

We both went to board the train back to the Higashiojima station. When the train reached the platform,Ryota stepped into the train. I didn't move.

"Why aren't you coming in? The train is leaving soon,"he asked and looked at me worriedly.

"There's something I want to tell you,"I said and smiled faintly at him.

"What is it?"

"I..."

"The door is closing now. Please step back from the door."

"I like people like you."

The door then closed and started to depart for Higashiojima. Ryota was slamming the door,trying to open it.