Chapter 2.

A beeping sound awakens me, my eyes flutter open and I have to shut them again, in better preparation for my eyes to adjust to the bright light.

My eyes fully open and looking around, I now understand that I'm in the hospital. I try to move my arm, but I am prevented by the handcuff on my wrist, connected to the bed banister.

I should have suspected as much.

Feeling thirsty, I try to reach the water bottle on the side table, but it proves difficult when I can't reach it.

Gosh, what do I do now?

Laying back on the hospital bed once more, I hiss in pain due to the stinging coming from my neck. Touching the wound, I realise that there is a patch on it.

I guess I won't be bleeding out again.

The door bursts open, and in enters the alpha, my mate, followed by two of his men.

" Leave us." He orders.

When we are left alone, I warily watch him keep his eye on the door, until it closes, before he slowly turns to look at me. I drop my eyes to my lap, not wanting to be rude or show any sign of disrespect.

He is a powerful alpha. His power has reigned for quite a long time now, I can sense it.

I feel him walk over to stand close, yet still keeping a fair distance between us. His wolf is itching to touch me, for me to be in his arms and keep me there, but him as a human, won't. He is hell bent on not giving in to the mate bond. His wolf is trying to reach out to my own wolf, but it's impossible.

His wolf will never have a chance to connect with his own mate, because she's not here. She's been gone for a long time. She's dead.

My brother Ronan killed her. He killed my wolf and left me bare at just 8 years old, with no purpose.

I won't tell him that though, he doesn't need to know. All I have to do is endure my punishment and then leave for home. I will face my brother's wrath and then carry on with what's left of my life.

" Do you remember the deal you made?" He asks, his deep voice giving me chills.

" Yes Alpha."

" We leave in two hours, I expect you to be ready and the sooner we get back." He starts to walk away and when peeking a glance at him, I watch him heading for the door.

" Alpha." He stops in his tracks, his body tensed and rigid.

" Your beta, how is he doing?" I know it might be a wrong thing to ask, but I want to know.

" What the fuck does it matter to you?" He growls, causing me to flinch back.

I take a deep breath.

" I want to offer my deepest apology to him, on behalf of my brother. I --------"

" The only time you'll ever do such a thing, is when you're down on your knees, right at his feet, and begging for mercy!" He spits out, his words filled with venom.

All of a sudden, he's right in front of me, grabbing my chin roughly, so I look at him. I'm pretty sure that it will leave a bruise.

There's so much hate in his eyes, they have darkened in rage, and the urge to kill me is pretty strong.

" You think you're so tough? Well you will see tough when we get back. You will take everything as any other man would. I will break you, little by little until you are begging for mercy. That's a promise!" He seethes, promise etched deep in his tone.