Chapter 5: A new family

Your POV

Everything was quiet. Everything was still. Then the sound flooded in. "Wake up, wake up, please!" A girl's voice said. You stirred in your sleep until you woke up. You were in a hospital bed, with the triplets, Webby, and Beakley at your side. "Yes! I told you she would wake up!" She exclaimed. 

"Ugh... What happened?" I said. Webby was about to start, but then the nurse came in.

"Mrs. (L/n)? You have two visitors." My parents came running to the bedside.

"Oh, my baby!" My mom and dad embraced me into a warming hug. "I thought I lost you!"

"Don't ever scare us like that again," he said. 

"That was amazing! How did you survive?!" Huey exclaimed. 

"Well," I started, but the nurse came back in.

"You have one more visitor. Right this way, Sir." And I knew immediately who it was. And I was right. Mr. McDuck came walking over to the bedside. 

"Boss?" My dad said. He gave him a slight nod. 

"Lass, when I first met ye, I was a little unsure, even when I knew who yer parents were," He said. "But now, I'm completely sure. When I saw ye run into that burning building just to save yer parents, new respect formed for ye in my soul." He turned to my parents. "Ye should be very proud of yer daughter." He said.

"We are," My mother said. "We absolutley are."

"But wait, how did I survive? Last time I remember, I was in the house, with flames all around me." I asked.

"Uncle Scrooge ran into the building when he saw you didn't come out. He carried you in his arms out and we all rode in the ambulance with you. You were in a coma for five days, and you've got some pretty bad burns, but they're about healed," Webby said. I turned to Scrooge. 

"You really went in the building after I didn't come out? After I barely knew you?" I asked.

"Yes," He said. "Once, I also had a daughter-like figure in my life. Her name was Della. She, Donald and I, who you'll meet, had been on adventures, and we lost her in a tragic accident." 

"She was our mom," Dewey said with tears in his eyes. 

"Oh, guys. I'm so sorry," I said. "But-"

"And my parents," Webby said, which startled everyone but Beakley. She had tears in her eyes. "My mom died in a car crash when I was a baby and my dad was just never around," she added.

"Lass, the reason I ran into the fire after ye was because when I lost Della, it was heartbreaking and painful. I didn't want to have your parents go through the same that we all did," Scrooge said. All of a sudden, the fire marshall came into the room with a presentation prepared.

"Mr. McDuck and Mrs. (L/n), the fire department has drawn up our investigation," He said. "We've found that a match was thrown into your room and set fire to a giant plush toy, which started the flames. The arson was committed by none other than Flinthart Glomgold."

"Ugh, Glomgold," Me and Scrooge said at the same time. 

"Wait, what's your beef with Glomgold?" Louie asked. 

"He offered a job to my dad first, when he found out that Mr. McDuck was going to hire him. He must have set fire to the house to make my dad think that it was you, Scrooge, and then my dad would switch to working for Glomgold industries," You said.

"That is actually very clever for a girl your age. How?" Beakley asked.

"Elementary, my dear Beakley!" You said in a British accent. "I took a bunch of forensic science classes and have read every Ducktective Holmes novel. And the fact that Glomgold kept coming to our door in these ridiculous disguises to advertise how great Glomgold industries was as a company."

"You just keep surprising us! But, can you tell me what kind of person Louie is?" Huey asked.

"I can, but I don't feel like it right now. But wait! Now that our house is burned down, where are we going to live?" You asked. Your parents smiled.

"I asked, and Mr. McDuck said that he would be willing to lend us some rooms," Your mom said. You gasped.

"We're going to live in McDuck Manor?!" You squealed. You were so excited that you could hardly stay still in your hospital bed. "Oh, thank you, Mr. McDuck!"

"Please. Call me Uncle Scrooge, Lass." He said. You hugged him tightly, and he hugged you back. You had another new family.