6|Criminal

The fear for the gun range feels silly in my head. The leader, whose name ended up being Logan, handed me some gun named the p22 of sorts. It feels light in my hands and I smile slightly at the perfect match. We spent almost an hour trying out different guns in an attempt to find our 'match'. William ended up with a Browning HI something and Marcus took the Glock 19, Sabrina followed Marcus by taking the same. Then Jacob grabbed a Beretta 92 something. I don't exactly understand the difference of any of these guns and I can barely remember their names.

I turn to the target, holding the gun with both hands. I close my left eye and stare down the top of the gun with my right. I aim and slowly pull the trigger, the kick is minimal.

"Pretty good for your first try, but next time hit the target." Marcus laughs at me with a snobby look. I glare at him next to me as he shoots his own gun, hitting the bulls eye.

"Yeah I'm sure it's easier if you were born with a gun in your hand." I keep my response sarcastic but unbothered before I go back to my own target with an urge to prove him wrong.

Trying again, I am able to hit the target, but only in the corner. I sigh, a bit frustrated. It's only my second try, but I can't help but see the others doing better than me. Sabrina has hit the black outside rim of the target multiple times, Jacob has hit the white inner rim, and William has hit the center once.

"It helps if you take a breath in and out before you pull the trigger. Also, try your opposite side when shooting." Logan explains behind me, obviously seeing my struggles. I nod my head in response and try to follow his instructions.

I switch my hands and take a deep breath, pulling the trigger directly after. The bullet hits the outer rim and I smile at the result. I would need to practice, but at least I can hit the target.

Two hours pass before Logan tells us to head back upstairs. We would eat lunch before heading off with our leaders, individually. What my 'leader' could even teach me, I don't know. Our floor doesn't do anything specific, so what is are the skills I need to prefect?

We met up with the others that are drenched in sweat from their fighting practice. The three appeared strangely happy for having to stay after for extra practice which peeks my interest.

"You guys look happy." I say, my voice a little teasing. Lily holds a smile on her face as she turns her head towards me, continuing to walk up the stairs.

"The guys were so nice and they helped us get really good at fighting. I'm sure we could even take Marcus now." I laugh a little at her response.

"Well I'm not sure about Marcus, but maybe William." Caleb says and I raise my brow at his words. He usually doesn't speak, but maybe he is beginning to grow comfortable around us.

"Yeah your right." Lily laughs before walking further up the stairs, leaving Caleb smiling after her. It obviously wasn't us he was comfortable with, but Lily. A sly smile falls onto my face and I try to suppress it by biting my cheek.

We made it up the stairs and back in the original meeting room not long after. The table is yet again covered in food. I scour the surface and grab just the necessities. Meat and nuts for protein and fat, potatoes for carbohydrates, spinach for iron, and lastly a collection of fruit for vitamins.

"You have a rainbow on your plate." Jacob points to my plate as I sit next to him.

"You know what they say." I stop with that, forgetting what the saying even is.

"Oh yeah, totally... well are you going to say it?" Jacob takes a bite from his bread, obviously not sure what I was talking about.

"Nope." I respond with a mouth full of spinach.