19|Taken

The figure stays where it is, staring down at me. My body is stuck, frozen in fear as I stare directly back. I take a long deep breath before turning to William who is on watch. I don't say anything, but once he meets my eyes, he knows something is wrong. I point behind me and out the window. William catches sight of it and gets up quickly, gun in hand.

I shuffle around my bag to grab my own gun, before getting up and quickly following behind him. The figure hasn't moved from its original position. The figure of a man. The closer we get the more I come to recognizing the leather hood placed over his head. His weapon strapped to his back. It is the man from earlier, the one that stood behind us.

"You followed us?" William asks, but it comes off as a statement. The man stands from his position as jumps off of the building, rolling into a perfect land.

"You have guns." The man says, staring down at the weapons in are hands. His voice is deep and low. "You didn't tell us of that."

"We didn't think we'd need to." William answers, but places his gun under his waistband behind him. I keep mine in my hands, but lower it in order to keep a somewhat peaceful environment.

"Well you should've." The man says, before pulling out his sword, revealing it's long and jagged ends. He grabs William before I know it and places the sword on his neck, pulling out the gun from behind him and dropping it on the ground. "Drop the gun." He says to me before other people in leather hoods come out from their hidden spots.

I drop the gun and raise my hands. These people don't seem like bad people, they just thought we were the strangers who killed dozens at tent city. It is a misunderstanding and we can clear up the confusion. Someone comes up behind me and brings my arms back tying them together before something is placed over my eyes, rendering my sight useless.

I can hear the other's that were still sleeping, being pulled out of the building. I can tell they are being tied up just like us from the sounds of protest.

We walk for what seems to be hours, but by the growing sound of talking, I know we are growing close to our destination. I'm led by someone holding my arm. I soon step off of the forest ground and onto something much smoother. The sounds of talking seizes soon after.

"Open up and call for Konrad." I recognize the voice as the man that stood behind us. I can hear loud doors opening and I am pushed forward. The silence is eerie, off putting.

We move forward until I am finally let go of. My blindfold is removed, revealing a small concrete room with only one door. There is nothing in the room, except for the eight of us and the one who removed our blindfold. That man leaves quickly after, shutting the metal door behind him without a word.

The eight of us stand their for a while, not saying a word in shock. Though, it doesn't take long for someone to find the words to voice their confusion.

"What the hell." Jacob says, confused because he was asleep when they first came.

"They think we killed the FEMA people." I say, explaining why, in the middle of night, we were taken.

"How do they think that?" Marcus asks, not understanding.

"He was following us and when we confronted him he saw our guns." William says.

"Who are they?" Sabrina asks.

"We met them earlier and they surrounded us with swords because we were in their territory." William answers.

"And you didn't think to mention this till now?" Sabrina yells, since we hadn't yet told them about the people. The only ones that knew were Jacob, Marcus, William, and I.