Chapter One

We have to distrust each other.
It is our only defense against betrayal

-Tennesse Williams

———————

150 Chaos Years (15 Earth Years) Later...

"Knock it off, Omega!" Luke/Alpha growled, throwing part of his lunch at my face. He didn't like it when I teased him. Especially about today being his and Zoë's four year anniversary.

You're probably thinking: Luke and Zoë?! They're both dead and Zoë is a Hunter of Artemis. She swore off boys.

Yes, they were both dead. Along with my other soldiers; Bianca, Silena, and Beckendorf.

However, Chaos brought them back to life as a gift for my 25th year on planet Προέλευσης. But, Chaos liked calling this planet 'beginning', it's English term.

Now, my old friends were apart of my elite army. Luke acted as my second in command. I brought him back first to repay my debt to him after Kronos. Everybody had their code names:

Luke - Alpha, Second in Command
Zoë - Star
Bianca - Shadow, Third in Command
Beckendorf - Forge
Silena - Beauty
Me - Omega, Commander

For the first twenty-five years on this planet, I trained. Training had been the only thing I used to take my mind off camp. Despite the facade, I put up, it still hurt. My army members hardly asked why I was here. When they did, I wouldn't tell them. There was no way I was ready for that. The only time I acted the way I was on Earth were on special occasions. Otherwise, I acted like a ruthless Roman praetor.

Today was one of those special occasions where I acted like how I was before. Luke and Zoë's anniversary was today. Not only that but Beckendorf asked me to be his best man at his and Silena's wedding. My little cousin, Bianca, just started dating the Beta Army's commander, Tasia, two weeks ago.

(A/N: Yes Bianca is lesbian in this. Fight me. I love the idea of the children of Hades being attracted to the same gender as themselves.)

Leaving me, Commander of the Elite Army and Chaos's adoptive son. I refused to engage in any relationship after Annabeth. It pained me even to think about her or starting something new. My army had all died before myself and Annabeth got together anyway. They probably just assumed I was asexual or something.

I wiped away the food Luke had thrown at me. "Hey! It was your fault for telling me you liked her."

"I didn't tell you! You eavesdropped on my confession to her! It didn't help that you were singing 'Kiss the Girl' from Little Mermaid." Luke protested. A light chuckle slipped through my mouth as I took a sip of my blue coke. Even after more than a century, my love for blue never faded.

"That did indeed happened." I started. "To be fair though, you guys talk very loud."

"We were quiet!"

"Sure," I chuckled. "About as quiet as demigods rallying together to play Capture the Flag." I winced slightly, but not loud enough for Luke to hear.

"How did you die anyway, Percy?" Luke asked. I choked on my coke. Where did that question come from? "I mean, I'm assuming you died, right? The rest of us did. We thought that it was just really painful to talk about."