Chapter Fifteen

The reality is
People mess up,
Don't let one mistake
Ruin a beautiful thing

As we got closer to the sounds, I noticed more demigods coming to our aid. Only there weren't very many left. A good portion of the demigods had already begun their journey to help New Rome, including Jason and Lacy. Piper stayed. I later learned it was to apologize for her outburst. Several Apollo campers were still at Camp Half-Blood collecting medical supplies. Half a dozen Ares were sharpening weapons. Frank and Hazel had even stayed a while to talk to people they hadn't seen in a long time.

Everyone else had left, including my army who I sent ahead to help. Stupid decision on my part, we could've left days after and still caught up to the main group.

The only one unaccounted for was Parker. With every bone in my body, I hoped he wasn't here at Camp Half-Blood. At that moment, Parker being here was far more terrifying than him being unprotected outside of camp.

But of course, the Fates hated me.

(A/N: that would've been a bad*ss cliffhanger but the chapter would be too short.)

The demigods ran behind myself and Annabeth, the unofficial leaders. Annabeth shouted orders off to a few people I didn't recognize while I led the way.

Finding the source of the noise wasn't difficult once the monsters came into view. A whole army of them had destroyed Thalia's barrier. From the distance, I could see a small group of demigods becoming overwhelmed by the monster army.

Suddenly, the air turned bitter, the sun hid behind the clouds. A soldier cloaked in gold armor walked up to a demigod who was assisting a smaller one. The demigod turned just in time to decide whether or not to take the hit for the small. They took it in full.

"Oh gods," Annabeth said from beside me, taking out her dagger. "That's Parker."

Earth and Time rise together in Rome

Annabeth was about to charge forward, but I beat her to it with a different understanding of what was happening. A child of Athena will always have a plan, but in this case my improvised one was the only solution.

Heroes of past must return home

Somehow, someway, Kronos found a way to occupy another demigod. This prophecy provided him with the opportunity to rule again, and he needed to get rid of the person who could stop it.

Masks reveal the eldest son, stars, and dead

I reached Parker and the demigod Kronos possessed just as their swords met. Sweat ran down his face that was littered in cuts from the previous monsters, while Kronos remained untouched with the same Achilles trick he'd used years ago.

Loyalty of the leader marks beginning's end

As Kronos nearly overwhelmed Parker, I pushed him out of Kronos's reach and attacked him myself. The blade Chaos gave me sliced right through the Curse of Achilles, leaving Kronos stunned for a moment. That didn't last long.

Proof of ancient rivalries destroyed decides the path

Our swords connected, defended, and took the offense in an endless cycle. I could not call for help from other demigods, they were protecting me from a blindside by the monsters. After multiple attacks, I managed to back him against a wall with my sword on his throat.

"What do you want from him?" I asked in the most threatening why possible. Kronos chuckled, golden eyes shining.

Kronos stopped laughing but couldn't wipe the smile from off this face. "My revenge, of course. I've come to turns with losing the war, but losing to a mortal?" The sinister titan clicked his tongue in a taunting manner. "Only he can forfill my need."

I forcibly banged his head on the wall.

"Protective are we now? Wait..." Kronos managed to pull Riptide from my pocket and laughed. "Oh, this just keeps getting better and better! The whole family is here! Get Athena and Posedion it's a family reunion."

I pressed my sword closer, drawing blood. His attention needed to be on me, not Parker. Not the gods. Not Annabeth. Not my family.

"I could kill them all of them, just like that," he snapped his fingers. "That would be worse than death for you, wouldn't it Percy Jackson?"

"Don't even think about it. Kill them and I won't even grant you a slow death. I'd make sure you are tortured for the rest of time." I tightened the blade more. "You will leave them alone."

Despite my blade on his neck, his smile never failed. "The thing is, I'd still have my revenge. My torture would be nothing compared to yours."

"You-"

"So let's make a deal."

Olympus to serve...

"No member of my army will lay a hand on your family, but in exchange, I make the threat you made on me your reality."

Or end in bloodbath

"Swear on the Styx you won't break the terms."

"I swear on the Styx." He said with hesitation.

"Deal."

Loyalty of the leader...

I took my sword off his neck and Riptide from his hand. "I need to do something first. Call off your army."

The sinister smile returned but he called off the army and made them disappear somehow. I quickly made my way over to a confused Parker and pulled him off the ground. The demigods around me looked around, wondering where their enemies went.

"What-?" Parker started to say, but I cut him off.

"I don't have a lot of time." I said, shoving Riptide in his pocket and grabbing his shoulders. "Kronos can't hurt you anymore, use that to your advantage."

"I don't... what are you talking about?"

I ignored his question. "Find his weakness. Tell Annabeth it's the same curse as the last time. Remind Alpha to be strong. Do this for me, okay?"

"Why? I don't understand what is happening." Parker said.

"Promise me you'll do it."

"I promise jus-"

Before he could finish, I wrapped him in a hug. "Use the pen if you have to. Just uncap it."

A flash of white and I was gone.