Chapter Three

Love is whatever you can still betray. Betrayal can only happen if you love.

–John le Carre

————————

After Chaos's and Percy's conversation, Chaos called a meeting with the Elite Army. Chaos enchanted the council room many years ago to match the number of chairs with the number of people. No more, no less.

The room was somewhat similar to the legend of the Round Table. Where everyone could see everyone, no one was in more power than the others. Chaos was always a sucker for that legend.

Percy slouched in his seat, which was in between Chaos and Luke. Luke sat next to Zoë, holding her hand underneath the table.

"I've already discussed this mission with Omega," Chaos began, staring at the boy next to him before facing everyone else. "Hopefully you all have better reactions to helping."

Charles turned his attention to Percy. "What planet inhabitants made you hate it so much you don't want to help? When we had to help Planet Eighty-Three again, even after they pissed you off, you didn't hesitate."

"Doesn't matter," Percy grumbled. He agreed to help, but that didn't change his opinion of Earth. "Just tell them what we're doing, Lord Chaos."

The army chuckled at Chaos's expression. Even Percy couldn't hide a smile.

"No formalities, Commander!" Chaos said. "You know how much I hate them."

Percy just smiled at his adoptive father. "What would you prefer me to call you? Father?"

"Honestly yes." Chaos stated, rubbing his temples as if he had a headache. Being the creator of the universe, he never received them.  "Anything is better than Lord Chaos."

Luke snickered. "Alright. Dipshit it is."

The room filled with laughter. Percy gave his second in command a high-five.

"That was actually pretty good, Alpha." Chaos admitted and cleared his throat. "Anyways back to the mission. It's on Planet Three."

"Earth?" Silena asked and faced in Percy's direction. "Why would you be upset about that. All our friends lived there; Chiron, the Stolls, Clarisse, Katie, Thalia, Will, Annabeth...."

Percy slammed his hands on the table and got out of his seat to leave. His happy mood vanished. Chaos called after him, but Percy didn't stop and left the room.

"Did I say something wrong?" Silena questioned Chaos.

He shook his head. "Not intentionally. Let's just get back to what's going to happen once you all get to Camp Half-Blood."

Chaos explained everything to the best of his ability. How they needed to train the campers at camp to how long its really been since Percy 'died'. Athena and Zeus, surprisingly, were the ones to summon the help.

Meanwhile, Percy went back to his room. The room had 'old' Percy written all over it. Blue walls. Blue sheets. Blue comforter. Blue paintings. Even a jar of blue cookies on his desk.

He picked up one of the knives on his desk and threw it into the wall without a sound. Like a trained assassin.

The robotic maid came in immediately to fix the wall. It set the knife back on the desk and left as if nothing happened.