Phase 4 pt 2

I held her like I would a cat, until she decieded to climb onto my shoulder. She stayed perched there as I walked or even jogged. I guess that meant we were bonded? I smiled at the thought. A new family member then. I'm sure Chrollo will be fine with it. As far as I knew, he still liked animals as much as he did when we were young.

I heard a rustling in the distance. She heard it too. I went in that direction, hoping to run into someone. Through the trees I could see blond hair. Kurapika immediately flashed in my mind, but I pushed it back in case it was someone else. I walked forward, trying to be silent. I got closer and closer.

"Do you think Gon and Killua are doing ok?" I heard a familiar voice ask. Leorio!

"I'm sure they're fine. Bell too. She's much stronger than all of us." The blond said. Definitely kurapika. I grinned. At least he realizes my strength.

I stepped out of the shadows, grabbing their attention. I waved.

"B-bell! How long have you been there?" The kurta stuttered. I giggled.
"Only a few minutes." I answered. Leorio interrupted, "uh, watcha got there?" He pointed at my new friend.

"Oh! I just met her in the forest. We bonded once she heard my voice, isn't that strange? I've never seen anything like her." I explained. They looked at each other and then back at me. "Me either." They both said in sync. I laughed. Kurapika chuckled.

"So, where are you two headed?" I asked, switching the subject. "We're heading back to the boat. We figure that's the best place to wait for my target." Leorio said. "Oh. Ok. I'll tag along to help since I have nothing better to do." I said, shrugging. He nodded. That started our short bonding time, all the way until we reached the boat.

Sometime later

"I can handle it. Let's go. Make it fast though. I've never done it with so many people before." I said, my voice calm and steady.

"God's sheild? What I would give to have an ability like this." Leorio said in wonder. The sheild looked like a dome of water color paint surrounding us. It swirled and colors mixed. I had to admit, it was beautiful and useful. One side effect to all my abilities was a soft bell sound, ringing quietly whenever I used them. It sounded like a far away church Bell. "So is this why you're called bell?" Kill asked. I nodded. "My friends gave it to me as a nickname, but it stuck. Now everyone calls me Bell." I answered. "So what's your real name?" Leorio asked. "It doesn't matter. I'm bell." I barely remember my real name now.

"Let's move." Kurapika ordered. We all started walking slowly. I held my hands above my head, keeping the sheild intact. Snakes flung down from the ceiling and out of the walls. Their fangs trying to pierce the sheild, but doing nothing to it. We keep moving as the snakes attacked. We cleared the cave with little trouble at all. No more snake bites.

"Well that was exciting." I said sarcastically. I released the barrier and leorio set the woman up against the tree. She handed him her tag and we were on our way.

"Ne, bell. Aren't you going to show me your face?" Gon asked, tugging on my sleeve. I rose an eyebrow.

"But technically I found you." I said. He moped "Yeah but I didn't agree to that, and now the phase is already over." He whined. "Alright. Fair enough. It seems we're alone anyways." I said. He was right, I found him first so he didn't really have a chance. I stopped and everyone turned to look.

I grabbed my hood and dramatically threw it back. The eyes were like saucers.

"Wow! You're so beautiful, bell!" Gon cheered. I blushed. I don't remember the last time someone said that to me.
"You're beautiful." No, that was a lie. I remember when he said it.

"Yeah.." The kurta and zoldyck whispered together. They blushed and looked away. Leorio wouldn't stop staring. It was creeping me out. I pulled my hood back up.

"Alright. You've seen. Now let's get going. The phase is about to end." I said, slightly embarrassed. Everyone agreed, and we walked awkwardly back to the ship. Suddenly, I remembered the creature on my shoulder.

"Oh! Does anyone have any names for her?" I asked, pointed to said creature. She chirped at me.

"Hmm. Well, your name is based off of the sound your ability makes, so we just need to find out what her special sound is, right?" Killua said. I nodded, still walking.

"I've only heard her chirp. I'm not going to call her chirp though, it doesn't fit. I need something to call her in the meantime." I said, pondering. She chirped again, tilting her head. I stroked her head.

"Flick." Kurapika said behind me. I turned my head over my shoulder. "What?"
"Flick. She flicks her tail a lot." He explained.
"Flick. Short and cute. I like it. Thanks kurapika." I smiled. I'm sure he couldn't see mine, but he smiled back.

We reached the boat just as she was starting to announce the passers.

"Number 45 Bell Christen passed with 6 points."

"Number 405 Gon Freecs passed with 6 points."

"Number 99 Killua Zoldyck passed with 6 points."

"Number 404 Kurapika Kurta passed with 6 points."

"Number 405 Leorio Paradinight passed with 6 points."

She announced. Kill, Gon and Pika looked over at me. "Christen? Isn't that the name of the religious figure Jesu Christen?" The Kurta asked.

"Yeah. I made it my name when I was young." I said.

"You made it? Like your first name?" Gon asked.

"I was born in meteor city. We don't have names. Garbage doesn't get a name. So if someone ever gets to leave, we have to make a name. Bell Christen is what I left meteor city as. The bible was something that gave me hope as a kid, so I wanted to be the hero of the story. Bell wasn't the original name I had in meteor city though, as I said before. Our- My mother gave me a first name before she- before she got sick and died." I explained. I was telling them my past... And easily. Why? Why did it matter?

"You said our. Do you have a sibling?" Kill asked mercilessly. I flinched. I looked away from him.

"No. No, I don't." I said. I walked away. I knew he knew. He knew I lied. Well, I didn't lie. I don't have a sibling. Not anymore.

I stalked over to hisoka. My anger was quelling up inside me. The resentment I'd held back for years, bubbling up to the surface. The pain and the fear and the rage from that day, it was too much. No matter how long it had been, bringing up that subject was too much.

"Why hello, what ar-"

"Hisoka. After this, we're going on a hunt. The most brutal yet. If I can last that long." I growled. He grew a grin. A malicious grin.

"Of course. Whatever you desire." He said. I walked on. I set myself on autopilot and refused to acknowledge anyone from that point on. I was going to kill.

That night, many did die. Only sinners, to be condemned.