Phase 5

I have to fight... Gittarakur? I wonder if he'll turn into Illumi for me. Should I surrender? Or will he? If I surrender.. I'll only have a few more chances to win. I'll make him surrender. Flick was occasionally chirping and rubbing against me.

Gon was up first. I knew this strange ninja had power, but most importantly, experience. Gon not only lacked the exerience that Hanzo had, but also the will to hurt someone else for your own gain.

That's what makes me so glad I met him. I've never met someone so pure, yet capable. I wouldn't have to worry about him defending himself. His aura screamed fighter. Infact, he reminded me of a sweet and innocent version of Uvogin. Both had a strong will and the urge to fight strong people. I admire that, because I never had either. Even if they sometimes got into trouble for those traits, I'll always veiw them as valuable. I suppose that's human nature though. We can so easily see the good qualities of others, but it is so hard to see our own.

"I'm sorrry I'm so useless." He turned to me with eyes wide. I couldn't stop the salty tears that ran down my face, nor did I try. He put his battered arm around me, and pulled me close to his chest. My shoulders shook and I choked back sobs. All he ever did was fight to protect us."I know. I know you want to be strong. To protect yourself and us." He said, putting his chin on my grimy hair. He started to sway side to side, like a crib. Something we were born without. "But you're my little sister, ok? Let me protect you. You know I don't mind. The only thing you have to do is stay safe, and happy." He whispered. I grimaced. I would be happier if I didn't get in your way. I would be happier if you didn't have to worry. "It's hard to be happy when you live like this, in a place like this." I sniffled. I saw the blood, the dirt, the filth that drowned this city. Like any hope or light would be smothered and squashed beneath the feet of killers and theifs. Which basically comprised the entire non existent population of this city.
"That's why we'll make it out of this city, and lead our own lives, remember?" A new voice said. I looked up. Chrollo stood there in his torn up bloodied clothes, which were too big for him to begin with. My brother's face immediately brightened. I guess Chrollo had that effect on both of us, because I began smiling too. He always talked about the future, so I guess that's why he named himself Chrollo.
"That's right Athenia. We have a future outside this city, where we won't lose anyone else. Where we can be ouselves and stop worrying, stop stealing, and stop all the bloodshed." Apollo said shaking me playfully. I grinned, wiping the tears from my face and smearing dirt over it in the process. "I really hope so."

"We failed." I whispered to myself. We became the very people we hated. Killers, Liars, and Thieves. I guess the world hasn't changed at all. I clenched my fist. The world hasn't changed at all! What did we think we could do? Stop this madness? Not while we live in this existence. A place where people kill or get killed. It's always about power in the end isn't it? When will this hell come to an end..?

"Bell." A firm voice said. I felt a hand grip my shoulder. "Kurapika?" I asked timidly. Anger boiled up inside me. People like kurapika didn't deserve what happened. What happened to his people, and so many others like him. "Bell. Are you okay? You've been zoned out for a while." He asked, his eyebrows kitted together in a concerned fashion. How can he do that? He doesn't even know what I've done. What my family did to his. How can he act so kind? Flick was chirping loudly, and pacing on the floor at kurapika's feet.

"I'm sorry kurapika." I said quietly, so only he could hear me. His expression changed entirely. "I'm so sorry." I said, louder this time. It had a soft echo. I'm sorry, like I could ever repay him for our sins. I turned to walk away from him, finally noticing the room was empty. He grabbed my arm and twisted me around. He looked at my covered face for only a second, before pulling me into him for a much needed hug. I couldn't turn him down now. I wrapped my arms around him tightly, because the pain at the corner of my eyes was almost to much to handle. I missed the hugs from my friends, and the happy memories that they came with. This hug was the most painful I'd had in a long time. Maybe I deserved it.