The end of the exam

"It is? Oh. Alright." I replied, standing up. As much as I would love to continue to talking to Gon, who can't even respond, supporting killua would be better. Especially since I might have to kick illumi's ass. Assassins are honestly the worse. They think their feelings get in the way, when really its their lack of emotions that fuck them over. Killua excluded. His family hasn't been able to weed all of the emotions out of him. He obviously cares about Gon, and expresses his emotions for others far more than I've seen any other member of his family do. I left flick in the room with Gon, and joined kurapika to watch killua's fight.

"You better do what you're told Illumi. I'd hate for your father to be after me." I whispered, knowing he couldn't hear me. I arrived just in time to see Gittarakur taking out his pins. When they were all out his face morphed, and his hair grew and changed. I watched silently, disgusted. "I heard you stabbed Mom and Milluki." Illumi said. To me he seemed mad, or at least annoyed, but his voice gave no hint of emotions. To me I felt his aura, which he was preparing to release.

"Maybe." Killua said. I laughed internally. Typically Kill. "She wouldn't stop crying." Her? I met her briefly but she's as deadly as the rest of the family. She cried? "Of course she would. Any mother would if their son did that." Leorio grumbled next to me. I shook my head. She's no ordinary mother. "She was just so happy." Illumi said.

"Huhh??" Leorio gapped. Kurapika sweat dropped. Of course she was happy. I would hate to have a mother like her. Mine was much preferable.

"Her son's finally growing up. Of course she still worries about you, so she sent me to follow. I need a licence for a job, so I took part in the exam myself. I didn't know you wanted to be a hunter though." He continued. Killua looked conflicted, and scared.

"I.. I don't really want to be a hunter. I just felt.. Like taking the exam." Killua trembled. I scowled at the sight. My fists clenched. How dare they.. Your own damn family should never make you that scared. Ever!

"Oh. That's a relief. In that case, I have some advice for you." Illumi said. He let his bloodlust out. His aura incased killua, threatening his core. Killua began sweating, he was petrified. What a horrible older brother. An older brother should make you feel safe, like no one could hurt you. That's how Apollo made me feel. When he himself wasn't being the dick. Killua didn't deserve this family. More like his family doesn't deserve him. Illumi stepped closer to killua. I tensed, preparing to intervene.

"You're not cut out to be a hunter. You were born.. A killer." He said. My eyes widened. I understood now. This wasn't a fight, this was humiliation. This was an emotional torture session. A day in the life of Zoldyck training. Killua shook where he stood as his brother got closer.
"You are a puppet, kil. You need nothing, you wish for nothing."
"That's not true! I... I do want something." Killua denied.
"Oh? Enlighten me. What is it that you could possibly want?"
"I... I want to be Gon's friend."

What?

He.... That's all he wants. Has he seriously been denied a friend his entire life? I grew up with nothing, physically. I had friends and a true family. Killua grew up with everything, but only physically. But he was left emotionally scarred. That's worse, to me. You can't help where your born, poor or rich, but it's up you and to those around you to nurture you. Killua was let down by those surrounding him since birth. A curse.

"You can't have friends, kil. That's how Dad and I raised you. Your only ability is to discern wether or not you can kill him. That's the only pleasure a killer can feel." Illumi said. It was a ruse. I know that much. But it still made me livid. How dare he say that. Leorio interrupted me. He stepped forward, only to be stopped by a guard.

"Killua! You dummy! Don't you see? You're already Gon's friend! How do you not know that?" Leorio shouted.

"He's right Killua! Gon thinks of you as his friend! You've already had so much fun together!" I shouted. Now, more than ever, killua needed support. Illumi looked over.