Chapter Three

Chapter Three
I have no idea how Amilia got his phone number, or why, but I don't care. It's her. It's really her.

"Amilia," I breathed.

"Oh Freya," she sighed. Then her eyes widened and she shook her head. "There's no time for catch up right now. I need to know how Cameron is."

My heart sunk as the selfish part of me wished she was calling for me. The rational part knew why she was calling for Cameron. The last time she saw him, he was dying.

I guess I was taking too long to answer, because Amilia was screaming my name again. As she did, she began to absentmindedly scratch her arm.

"He's alive. He's not healing, though. They think the vampires poisoned him somehow," I began, but stopped at the sight of Amilia.

Her face went so ashen, her eyes so wide. She looks like she's about to puke. In fact, she looks like she hasn't gotten any sleep in days.

"But we are super close to a cure for that poison, so don't worry about it," I lied, realizing she doesn't need to worry more than she already is.

I saw her sigh in relief, but the worry not leave. I wonder if she can see through my lie. I decided to change the subject.

"How did you get this number? How did you even get a phone?"

Amilia laughed nervously. "You actually left yours here. I went to the human world to get a charg-"

"You what," I screamed. Is she kidding?

Amilia shook her head. "I was fine. Anyways, I got a charger and now here we are."

"Amilia, that's insane. Why would you do that," I exclaimed.

This is so unlike her. I knew she had real feelings for Cameron but this is on a whole other level. This is almost at the brink of insanity.

She shrugged. "I had to know that he was okay."

Rowan took the phone from me then, his eyebrows furrowed. "Amilia, can you do me a favor?"

"What is it?"

"I need you to pull up the records of Cameron and send them to me. His health history and things like that. It will help us immensely."

I practically heard the wistfulness as she responded. "Of course."

She's happy to be able to help. Before I could even say goodbye she was hanging up, going to go get those records. I shook my head slowly. She has lost her mind.

Rowan slowly put the phone in his pocket before turning to me. "I don't want you to freak out, but do you know if Amilia might be part demon?"

I startled. "What?"

Rowan sat down, motioning for me to do the same. "Who are her parents?"

"Um, her mom is my moms sister. Christina Strong. Her dad is Jamie Strong. I don't really know much about them," I admitted, not sure where he was going with this.

Rowan tilted his head, his eyes widening slightly. "Why do I know that name? The Strongs?"

I shrugged. What does he think? That Amilia's father is somehow a demon and hiding it from everyone? I don't think so.

Then it seemed to hit him, whatever he thought the Strongs were. His eyes widened. "Freya, I think Amilia is half demon. And I think Cameron is her mate."

I laughed. He can't be serious. I looked at him then. His eyebrows are furrowed, his eyes a little wide. Oh god, he's serious. Before I could even blink, he was gone from the room. Is he just going to leave me here? Maybe he's losing his mind too. There's got to be some bug going around because this is too much.