Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four
I paced back and forth. Stefan has never taken this long to meet with me before.

I rubbed my sweaty hands against my legs and tried not to freak out. He'll be here. He always comes. I have nothing to worry about.

All I could think about, though, was Christian. He's been there for a few days now. How long is that in the vampire realm. 5? 6? What could have happened to him in that period of time? Yet I'm just standing here, waiting for a meeting that may or may not happen.

Stefan appeared then with a large smirk on his face.

"Nice of you to finally join me," I growled.

Stephan merely shrugged. "I was busy. Do you have the herb?"

"Do you have Christian," I questioned back.

"Very well," Stefan sighed.

Christian appeared a few moments later. He landed on all fours, to weak to stand up. I was at his side in an instant, but my hands went right through him.

"He's not really here. I'm not that dumb. I just wanted to prove that he's alive. Now show me your end of the bargain," he informed me, his eyes greedily falling to my empty hands.

I thought about the herb, and it appeared in my hands. It went in and out, but it was there. I didn't let Stephan look at it for long.

"Now what," I questioned, my eyes never straying from Christian.

"Meet me at the pizza place. Tonight at 6. Come alone," he informed me.

"We both know they won't let me come alone."

He shrugged. "Fine. Then bring Saxon. But no one else. Otherwise, no deal."

Then he was gone.

I opened my eyes slowly and sighed. There's no way Rowan will let me go with just Saxon. He already doesn't trust him. Let alone anywhere near his own father, the traitor.

But we can't just let Christian die there. He's already suffering. We have no other choice.

I sat up and threw my hair into a bun before walking over to Rowan's room. I heard voices inside, so I flattened myself against the wall and listened like the creep that I am.

"Can't we talk," Jenna whined.

"Look. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have used your feelings for me against you. But we both know that I was just trying to get a rise out of Freya. I've told you a million times that it's not going to happen."

"Don't say that," Jenna whispered. "There's always a chance. How could you fall for a half breed over me?"

There was a long pause before Rowan finally growled out a response. "Don't ever call her a half breed again."

"We could have had something special," Jenna sighed. "You'll realize that soon enough."

Then she was walking out of the room. I know she knew I was there. There's no way she didn't. But she ignored me and walked in the opposite direction. I didn't dare move any closer to Rowan's room until she was completely out of sight.

Rowan stood leaning against his dresser, waiting for me as I walked in. He cocked an eyebrow and smirked. "Enjoy the show?"

I decided to ignore that as I moved to sit down on his bed. "Stefan said he wants to meet tonight at 6. At first he told me to come alone. When I told him that wasn't going to happen, he told me I could only bring Saxon."