Chapter Twenty Three

I stared at the ceiling, my eyes blurring at how focused I was trying to be. Rowan sent people to watch over Bria and my old foster family. Another meeting will be held tonight to decide if we should try to ambush tomorrow.

The fact that we don't have it narrowed down is risky. We would have to split our best people in half, and that damages the odds of being able to beat whoever comes to kill the innocent people.

A knock took me from my thoughts. I stayed where I was, but opened the door so that someone could enter. It was Aiden.

He walked in with purpose and sat himself on the bed beside me. "I'm bored."

I laughed and turned my face so that I could look at him. "We are currently waiting on a meeting that could be the doom of innocent people and you're bored?"

"That is correct," Aiden nodded.

I sighed and sat up. I looked down at my rumpled appearance and decided I should probably make myself more presentable for this meeting. I slowly slipped off of the bed and made my way to the closet. I grabbed a nicer pair of clothes before turning to Aiden.

"Turn," I ordered, wiggling my finger for emphasis.

Aiden sighed and looked at me for a few moments. I raised my eyebrows.

"I'm gay," he blurted out.

My eyebrows shot into my hairline. That was- unexpected. "Really?"

Aiden bit his lip and nodded. I set the clothes down on the vanity and walked so that I could sit next to Aiden. "Why didn't you tell me before?"

Aiden shrugged. "I'm not super open about it. Demons aren't traditional by any means, but that doesn't mean they all love gay people, y'know?"

I slung an arm over his shoulder and brought him closer to me. "I get that. Who all knows?"

"You, Rowan, Mal, Christian, James, Erika and that's about it."

"Wow," I murmured.

"Actually, Christian and I are dating," Aiden admitted.

"Really," I exclaimed, a large grin appearing on my face. "I've always wanted a gay best friend!"

Aiden groaned. "I don't do makeup and I hate shopping."

"That's okay, I hate shopping too," I grinned.

"So we're okay," Aiden asked hesitantly.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why wouldn't we be?"

"I kept this from you," Aiden shrugged, relief clear in his eyes.

I laughed and bumped shoulders with him. "You weren't ready. I'm just glad you told me now."

I tilted my head then, biting my lip. "So, Jeremy."

Aiden tensed. "What about him?"

"You two obviously know each other," I prodded gently.

Aiden sighed and ran a frustrated hand through his hair. "We don't know each other, not really. We slept together one drunken night, years ago. Christian knows and forgave me instantly, but I will never forgive myself. I never thought I would have to see him again."

I threw and arm over Aiden's shoulder and brought him closer to me. "You were drunk, and it was a long time ago. I wouldn't even worry about it."

"I just hate how attracted I still am to him," Aiden admitted.

"I have never related to a statement more in my life," I laughed.

Aiden glanced at me out of the corner of his eyes and joined me in my laughter. Honestly, I never would've guessed that Jeremy was gay. He used to flirt with Selene all the time.