Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen
"I cannot believe we are doing this," Amilia whispered to me as we followed Mal out of the mansion.

"Relax," I laughed, throwing an arm over her shoulder. "It'll be fun."

Amilia still looked unsure. When Mal first suggested we go out tonight, Amilia was completely against it. It gave me deja vu, to when Selene suggested we go clubbing in the human world. But this time, we are going to an all demon club. We aren't even leaving Daemonium. And we're a lot more powerful now.

It wasn't hard to convince her. Surprisingly, Cameron was on board. He thought it would be good for us. I completely agree. So now here we are, following Mal out of the mansion and into her dark blue Jeep.

I hoisted myself up into the passenger seat, straightening my pin straight black dress so that it wouldn't completely show off my ass. Amilia climbed into the back a little more ladylike, her white skirt too tight to hike up in the slightest. Mal looks the hottest of us all. She's wearing a completely see through long sleeve black shirt paired with a black bra and a pale pink, high waisted skirt. She looks like a bad ass super model.

I've never really had to be self conscious about anything. I've always been one of the prettiest people in the room. Vain, but true. But around Mal? I don't stand a chance. Not that that matters at all, but it just blows my mind how beautiful she is every time I look at her.

We drove for a while, maybe ten or so minutes, before we pulled up to a large abandoned building. There were cars everywhere, but Mal managed to get a spot pretty close to the front.

Amilia gave me a nervous look, but I sent her a reassuring smile and hopped out of the car. Amilia followed slowly. By the time she was out, Mal was already almost to the door. We had to hurry to catch up with her.

Once we caught up, Mal opened the large door. On the other side of it stood a large man, his hair buzzed short with tattoos covering every inch of his body. His muscles were so large, they could crush my head in two with a look. I smiled nervously in his direction.

The instant he saw Mal, a large grin took over his features. "Mal, baby!"

She grinned and leaned up slightly so that she could kiss both of his cheeks. He quickly moved to the side so that we could enter. As we did, Amilia grabbed my hand and squeezed hard. I squeezed it back to reassure her as we followed Mal through a dimly lit hallway.

We turned a few corners before we came upon a set of stairs that went down. Amilia bit her lip, but didn't say anything as we made our way down the stairs. The second we had came upon the stairs, we heard the noise.

Music was thumping loudly. Very loudly. It didn't take us long to find where the actual club took place. We turned a corner and there it was. It was similar to the human ones I had been to, except not. There were a lot more scantily clad people. Like, a lot more. Demons don't seem to have any confidence issues. A dj station sat all the way on the other side of the room, large speakers surrounding him. People were everywhere, their bodies up close and personal with one another.

Mal led us through the people, over to the bar in the far corner. She pushed her way through the crowd around the bar and made room for us.

"Remember, this is a demon bar. There is actual alcohol that can get us drunk here. Be careful," Mal warned. "And all normal rules apply. We stick together, and we never leave a drink unattended. Okay?"

Amilia and I nodded in unison. Mal grinned and turned to get the bartender's attention. She ordered 3 drinks. He made them instantly. She winked at him and handed him a few bills before turning to us and handing us each a drink.