guilt

It's been about 5 days since Saiki's come out as an ex-psychic and most of his friends-- most everybody has been treating him the same.
Though, Kaidou did seem strange. Even when Saiki went over to his house the other day, he felt as though Kaidou was trying to suck up to him

For what? I can't do any favors for you now that my powers are gone kusuo would think

But today seemed especially odd, you could tell Kaidou was upset about something, and his mind was somewhere else. Apologizing for every little slip-up, treating Kusuo like he was the boss at a big company about to fire him.

"Oh? Something on your mind Chibi?" Nendou asks

"It's nothing," kaidou says quickly and shakes his head.

They walk closer and closer to the school entrance, and the more steps the pink one takes the more he worries. He doesn't want to be feared, and he doesn't want to be a pain to them. Of course, at this point in their friendship, Saiki has grown of the three, (Kaidou, Nendou, and Kobayasu) but he didn't want Kaidou to feel like he was forced to hang out with him.

"What's really wrong, Shun?" Kobayasu says, easing Kusuo knowing he didn't have to ask

"It's fine, really," Kaidou says while forcing a smile and trying to change the subject.

They walk into the school and Saiki changes his shoes, watching Kaidou intently as he changes his. Once he's done, Saiki pulls the blue-haired boy into the bathroom and rests his hand on the boy's shoulders.

"What's wrong," Saiki says, a serious expression on his face

"You were the one who said they didn't like secrets" he reminds Kaidou

A dark red fills up the boy's face as he looks around for help, failing. "I um..."

"I guess I feel guilty, I always boasted about my sealed right arm, while you were hiding powers that you actually hated," Kaidou says, looking at his right hand, which had red bandages wrapped around it.

"I must have been so annoying, and you were still friends with me-" kaidou says, being cut off by a gentle knock in the head from a certain ex psychics knuckles

"Idiot" Kusuo says, his hands still rested on kaidous shoulders

"Don't apologize. I was friends with you because I knew who you were on the inside." Kusuo says, softening his face

"And I don't know anyone who wouldn't be friends with that Kaidou," he says while pulling the boys head into his shoulders, with a soft embrace.

"I don't usually do cheesy stuff like this, so enjoy it while it lasts," he says, feeling Kaidou nod while burrowed in Saiki's shoulder.
And they hug until the bell rings, having to rush to class as fast as the two could.