last night

...why is Shun in my bed?
Oh right, last night.

Kusuo looked at him intensely, studying the features of the boy's soft face.

Well... It wouldn't hurt to hug him for a little while.

Kusuo wrapped his arms around the quiet boy, heart speeding up, the beat pounding through his body. It got warmer and warmer.

"...Kusu..?" Shun sleepily mumbled.

Kusuo flipped over as fast as his body would take him, pulling the blanket over himself and away from Shun.

Why... Am I in Kusuo's bed...?
Oh, right.
Last night...

....

“Shun!!” Kusuo yelled, seeing Kaidou dash away.

Shun didn't hear it, he heard a million-voices drizzle away into his footsteps. He wasn't necessarily fast, but he ran with the knowledge that nobody cared enough to stop him from leaving school.

Saiki Kusuo cared.
He had set out what he wanted to do, chase after Shun, grab his arm, Do one of those cliches where he spins him around and kisses him.

Saiki couldn't do it. He wasn't a psychic anymore. He wasn't brave enough.
So the boy sat there.
And gave Kaidou some time.

Shun sat down at the park bench. He had never skipped school before, nor did he ever have the intent to do so. So naturally, he had no idea what to do. He knew that he couldn't return home if he wanted to live. (Being in fear of his strict education-driven mother.)

“are you a PK Academy student?” a nice seeming man called out. He was a bit chubby and despite the fact that he looked about in his 40's or 50's, had quite a bit of acne.

“umm, uh- yes, ” Kaidou said meekly.

The man took a seat next to the boy and smiled kindly. “trying to get away from stress? Why don't you head home then, lad?” he asked

“I can't... Go home.”

“You can hang out at my place until the school day ends, then you can head home” he offered with a cheerful grin.

“I don't know... I shouldn't go to a strangers house.” Kaidou hesitated

“Come on, there are a lot of weird people who hang around here in the middle of the day. It really doesn't seem like that, but that's how it is.”

Kaidou bit his lip in thought for a moment before nodding in agreement.

No... No. NO!

It hurts so much. I can't breathe. Please let go... Please LET ME GO. I promise I won't tell the police if you just... Stop now. Right now. I don't want to do this with you... Not with you... It was supposed to be Saiki! It was always supposed to be Saiki.

Kaidou could think it as much as he wanted but he couldn't speak. He could not cry aloud. All that could escape was muffled sobs.
It hurt.
The jet black wing was completely powerless.

.......