a room

A room, an empty room with only two people. Saiki had never thought anything of it, never having felt so strong for someone. Especially another guy... No way, no way. Kusuo wasn't gay, was he...? He had no time for a relationship, no interest at all!

Kaidou sat down "have you been reading without me?" He asked

Kusuo shook his head and sat down alongside him, flattening a book in between them.

They sat in silence, turning pages was the only audible sound in the room aside from Kaidous loud breathing, most likely because their faces were so close
Realizing this, Kusuo's face darkens and he whips his head away

"Huh? Are you alri-"
A hand is slipped into Kaidou's, wiping away all form of human speech; though his mind was going a mile a minute.

"Is it just that you pity me?" Kusuo asked, still turned away.

"Huh? What... No?"

"Then why are you avoiding me? After being so nice to me the day before? What's happening, Kaidou?" Kusuo squeezed the boy's hand and whipped his face around to face Kaidou's

"You should already know what I'm going to say. And you should know that I don't want to say it!" By this, his face was covered in red

"I don't know what you're talking about Saiki!"

"Idiot..." He mumbles.
The hands separated, and they continued to read. Saiki was left re-reading the pages. He couldn't focus, he needed to wash his face

"Hm? What is it?" Kaidou asked

"It's nothing," Saiki said, getting up. "Just need to go to the bathroom"

Budump.
Badump.
Badump, badump, badump-

The strange noise gradually got louder as Saiki splashed water on his face. He couldn't believe what he almost said out there. Not only was it not true, but he also would never come back from it.
He looks up at himself, he was a mess. His hair was everywhere and his face was red. He leaned himself against the wall, adjusting his hair and focusing on his breath.
It was only Kaidou.

Kaidou, who was sweet.
Kaidou, who always tried to do the right thing. Even if that involves being annoying, or jumping in without a plan.
Kaidou, who was kind, a kind of kind that a person would always hold onto once receiving.
Kaidou, who was brave. Though not being very strong.
Kaidou, who wanted to stand out. Though quite normal if you took away the Chuuniboyo.
Kaidou, who wanted nothing but to be Saiki's friend.
Kaidou, who was able to achieve that.

Kaidou,
Who only wanted to be friends.

The heaving in his chest got faster, as he desperately tried to slow his pace.

It's been 14 minutes.

Kaidou was getting worried. He decided not to read ahead. But he didn't know what to do alone sitting in that room. The worry began to grow like his organs were all falling and he had to pick them up. He checked his phone. 15 minutes. He needed to check on him. Even though he was probably just pooping.

Kaidou nervously walked out of the door and up to the bathroom. He knocked on the door nervously and spoke to it.

"Is everything okay in there, Saiki?" The almost unnoticeable stutter in his words sent a shock through the other boy's spine.
He couldn't hide forever.

"I'm fine," he said, flushing the toilet (despite not going to the bathroom) and washing his hands

"Good, I was worried you were captured by dark reunion. I'm glad you're okay, they should know better than to mess with you. Because of me, of course"

Saiki placed his hand on the doorknob, that comment was enough to calm him down and bring him back to earth

"Wait-"
Saiki took his hand away

"What was it that you were going to say?" Kaidou spoke to the door

"Can I come out of the bathroom first?"

"I thought it would be easier... for you to say it through the door"

"Sorry, can't"