"Maybe I Should Start From The End"

(Three days ago)

(Three days ago)

"I knew Landon needed me. And at the time,that's all I needed to know."

Annie's POV

"Going somewhere?" I asked.

Hope gasped in surprise before turning around as Ric and I walked out from behind a random corner to face her.

"Better questions," Ric started to say as we walked closer to her while she just stood there and continued to watch our every move.

"Where the hell do you think you're going with my keys and without telling us?"

"Um,you know,I just said some really harsh things to you yesterday,and so I just wanted to get you an oil change as a peace offering."

"At 3 am?" I asked her.

"Hope,you don't have a driver's license. You were gonna commit a grand theft auto,which is a felony. You're ditching school right before the midterm exams begin,and you've made it very clear to us that you see us as authority figures and nothing more. So tell me,why shouldn't I suspend you this very second?"

She pull down her long sleeve and held up her wrist,showing us a bracelet?

"And what is that?" I ask.

"Basically a supernatural compass." She replied before putting her wrist down.

"Well I hope it's pointing you to your room,cause that's where your going."

"I'm going after Landon. If this thing is glowing,that means that he's in trouble."

They had a stare down for like two seconds before Ric spoke up again.

"Then we're going and I'm driving."

~

I was sitting in the passenger seat next to Ric while Hope sat behind me in the back,staring out the window.

We just passed the small 'Welcome to Indiana sign'.

"Indiana. Cross roads of America." Ric said in a singsongy voice which caused me to shake my head and smile.

"Remind me again,why I married you?" I jokingly asked him with a chuckle but he didn't reply he just squeezed my hand and gave me a smile.

He then looked through the rearview mirror to look at Hope.

"What's the capital?" He asked her.

"We learned that in,like,eighth grade." Hope replied.

"Oh,good,then you should know it."

"I didn't say I absorbed the information."

"Yeah,well,you're not saying much of anything." Ric shot back.

"This was meant to peaceful. A peaceful road trip with no one talking and relaxing road trip music and-"

I was cut off and ignored while Ric continued to talk to Hope.